CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My "Snapshot" function "Alt P" does not produce a jpeg of the preview screen
Coastal [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 09, 2014 11:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector Deluxe version 12.0.2420.0

I am in the mode of project creation and have saved the project at least once. I have imported a media folder to the project, saved it and was previewing the clip, stopped on a spot 10 minutes into the clip and tried both the Snapshot button and "Alt P" to save that frame on the preview screen. However, Snapshot function gives me a frame in my project screen that is at the begining of the video clip.

Any help here? Anyone have that experience? I am brand new to this software and can't figure this one out.

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2014 15:41

Windows VISTA Ultimate 2007 SP2

Alienware Intel Core Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00 GHz

4.0 GB RAM 64 Bit OS

Onboard NVIDIA NForce RAID Controller 465.77G

USB Buffalo HD-GDU3 USB
garioch7
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 830 Offline
[Post New]
Coastal:

Welcome to the DZ Forum. Alt-P is supposed to display project properties; Ctrl-P is supposed to take a snapshot, as does the snapshot button. Make sure that you are in movie mode, not clip mode (not sure that it makes a difference, but it is the way I do it and it works), position the scrubber on the frame that you want to snapshot, and then hit the snapshot button. In Preferences, you can see where the file will be placed. By default, it will be in the folder ...\MyDocuments\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\12 and be called "snapshot.jpg."

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Coastal. All advice thus far from Phil Campbell is absolutely correct(Thanks, Phil C.) But I'd like to add that you don't have to just save the image as "snapshot". You can give the image a more suitable name which can be easily remembered for retrieval when you need it again later for any purpose. If you're not too sure about using Ctrl+P(keyboard shortcut) to "grab" your still image, click on the snapshot button, and when the prompt appears, the word "snapshot" should be highlighted. Just type in the name you wish to give to the still image. If the word isn't highlighted, then just highlight it yourself and then type that name.
Coastal [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Gents,

I did intend to say "Ctrl P". I was in "Clip" mode when I was doing this but, as you say, I'm not sure that was the issue. Rather, I discovered that I was using a lot of memory resources in my computer and wasn't waiting long enough for the computer to generate my changes before moving on to other activities. I am fairly sure that this was the issue.

I closed some resource intensive programs and restarted CyberDirector12 and everything works fine! I really appreciate the assistance and am glad to have found this program.

Happy New Year!

Coastal Windows VISTA Ultimate 2007 SP2

4.0 GB RAM 64 Bit OS

USB Buffalo HD-GDU3 USB
Coastal [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also see that I need to be very attentive to the "Captcha" code....I had thought I had previously responded to Phil in this forum but discovered that the captcha error message is below my page screen after I click "Submit". So I have to scroll down to see if I typed the captcha code properly.

At any rate, I am extremely pleased with this software. I am totally new to video creation and this software is instinctive to use and takes minimal experience to start but has the extensive functionality that I believe I will "Grow" into wanting.

I hope not to be a pest in the forums here...but I do have a lot to learn and that will generate the occasional "dumb" question. I appreciate your endurance!

Coastal (Dave) Windows VISTA Ultimate 2007 SP2

4.0 GB RAM 64 Bit OS

USB Buffalo HD-GDU3 USB
garioch7
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 830 Offline
[Post New]
Coastal:

Glad that Neil and I could be of help. You won't be a pest. All of us have learned much from asking questions of the more experienced users when we started out.

Unfortunately, this Forum is not what it once was. A lot of spam here now and most of folks who used to participate here have migrated over to the main Cyberlink PD Forums, which can be found here:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do

You will need to register, and once registered and logged in, you will see on the lower left side of the screen, under "Support and Resources", a link to the "Online Forums". Click that.

Those Forums are much more active and there is a wealth of experience over there. You can also attach files and such. It is a much more robust Forum environment than this one, which is really meant only to deal with DirectorZone issues.

Hope to see you over there. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Aah, Coastal, I see you've been caught by the dreaded and dreadful "catchpa" trap. As for being a pest?.... Nah... you're no pest. What you asked for here is exactly what this forum's meant for.
Cheers!