CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not Getting Any Support With Simple Questions
AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have never complained about a product I have purchased for my PC before. I have been buying video and graphic software for over a decade... so gone through ALOT of products.

I have PD5 and VERY happy about its performance.. I purchased PD9 recently and have been happy by what it can do untill its time to burn DVD,

NOW I AM GETTING NO SUPPORT IN ANY FORUM OR EVEN CONTATING CYBERLINK. I AM VERY UNSATISFIED....

Here is my original post. (NOTE all I want to know is.. HOW CAN I GET A TOP QUALITY DVD? DOES PD9 BURN AT LEAST THE SAME QUALITY AS PD5 DID?? MAYBE BETTER... MAYBE WORSE???

I wis to produce a file that Ill make into a DVD. I am making a layer heavy 30 minute family DVD.

In PD5, which I had before, Id render sections into individual MPG2s. Once all sections are done, I then string the indivdual sections in a new project, render as one, then burn to dvd.

So now I am in my firs PD9U project and done first section, VERY layer heavy.. so I figure I shoudl render this section to its own finished file so I can add it together to the rest when they are done..

When I go to do such, remember NOT making a DVDS for now, just a section, I look up the types of files I can save in PRODUCE...

MPG 2 is noted "If you want to make a MEDIUM" quality DVD...

Should I perhaps use .MOV file which says "full high definition quality"??

I just want to make the best quality DVD.. not medium... if I can at elast get same quality i got with PD5, ill be happy!

If I cant make high quality DVDs, I just wasted over 100$.. note I loved PD5, so I have faith!!
[Post New]
Gagnon, Mpg2 is what you want to produce to for a high quality DVD. I think the only reason it says "medium quality" is because now there is high def video/quality, AVCHD, H.264. Think of the leap from VHS tape to DVD. DVD was considered high quality back then. Now Bluray/HD is top quality. Hope that answers your question.

Elwood
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9876 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gagnon 30 -

I just read your post in the PD9 forum http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17803.page and I read the responses provided by other members.

The information you need to make the best quality DVD in PD9 has been given to you... but you're still not happy.

In your last post in the PD9 forum you wrote
Hell... I should just burn the same project I made in PD5 but in PD9 and see if it looks the same!

That would be a good idea! Just do it, then compare the outputs! If you want the best possible burn, drop your burn speed to 4x.

PD9 isn't famous for being a dedicated high quality disc burning tool! It's for editing videos.

If you're still unhappy with the quality of the DVD PD9 spits out, don't use it for burning! Many users (including me) choose the "Create Folder" option, then burn the actual disc with dedicated burn software. I use imgburn. There are plenty of them!

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Gagnon 30 -

I just read your post in the PD9 forum http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17803.page and I read the responses provided by other members.

The information you need to make the best quality DVD in PD9 has been given to you... but you're still not happy.

In your last post in the PD9 forum you wrote
Hell... I should just burn the same project I made in PD5 but in PD9 and see if it looks the same!

That would be a good idea! Just do it, then compare the outputs! If you want the best possible burn, drop your burn speed to 4x.

PD9 isn't famous for being a dedicated high quality disc burning tool! It's for editing videos.

If you're still unhappy with the quality of the DVD PD9 spits out, don't use it for burning! Many users (including me) choose the "Create Folder" option, then burn the actual disc with dedicated burn software. I use imgburn. There are plenty of them!

Cheers - Tony

Thanks to the responses.. I have recieved many replies, some I understood, some I didnt due to my lack of technical proficientcy.

Tony, I guess in my long rambling posts (something I am famous for in other non CL forums) I overcomplicated the question.

Hindsight being what it is I shoudl have asked:

"Using PD9 from edit to DVD burn with MPG2 set to best quality, shoudl I get at least the same quality I got with PD5 as far as what I see on my tv as final product?"

I will for sure take your advice about lowering write speed and using a different program to burn. This advice alone in fact might be the best thing to come from this thread!

ELWOOD: Gagnon, Mpg2 is what you want to produce to for a high quality DVD. I think the only reason it says "medium quality" is because now there is high def video/quality, AVCHD, H.264. Think of the leap from VHS tape to DVD. DVD was considered high quality back then. Now Bluray/HD is top quality. Hope that answers your question.

Great news! In terminology a dork like me can understand!

Again I appreciate everyones answers!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

Dafydd