CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video in preview window is green
revelatinz [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 03, 2011 07:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have powerdirector 9 and I have all my video files in the media window. I can select them and play them in the preview window. Now when I drag that video down to the timeline, after rendering it shows a picture of the video and the audio underneath. When I push play I can hear the music but in the preview window it just shows a green background.

As the video enters into another video you can see the next one for about a second and then the screen goes green again. Whats the problem?
Maurits [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 12, 2011 19:40 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the same green screen problem, and so have quite a few others, I found out after a quick internet search. Someone suggested that pd9 isn't compatible with the latest nvidia drivers or vice versa. What you can try is to go to Preferences --> Hardware Acceleration, and DEselect Enable nVidia Cuda Technology, as well as Enable Hardware Decoding. That seems to have helped in my case, at least for the moment. It also seems to have fixed a crash problem I had when trying to edit mpg2 files imported from my dv-camcorder.
Edna C Ramirez [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 24, 2014 08:11 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I would recommend you also try m2ts video converter which is free to download trial software.
http://www.freem2tsconverter.com/