where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue-Ray Cannot Secure Display Error=0122
Reply to this topic
Randy [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 14, 2008 10:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Please help,

I get error msg "Cannot initialize secure display session -(Error Code=0122)?

I purchased the new Sony PC Internal BDUX1OS which came with PowerDVD BD Edition. I can not find the key code anywhere to activate. It will play the first 5 seconds of the BD movie perfectly then this error message. It will play normal DVD great. I have an ATI HD 4850 Video Card. When I log into may account and get the lastes key code the program tells me that that is not the correct code. PLEASE HELP I have a stack of BD and can only be teased with the first 5 seconds.

Thanks

[Post New]
Hi Randy,

If it is playing your DVDs without any problems, then it is not a problem with the activation key. It wouldn't play DVDs either if it wasn't activated.

The error message makes it sound like there is something wrong with your connection or the display device you are playing the disc on.

From what I know, Blu-ray content will only play with a BD player, with secure connectors (usually HDMI) and on an HD Device. I have a feeling it may be with your connectors.

Can you give us some detail on your whole setup? Display device, connectors, etc.

Thanks
Dave
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 06, 2009 18:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to bump in but the original poster apparently didn't return to this thread.

I am having the same exact problem and can't figure it out. I have PowerDVD 8 on a Core 2 Duo computer with a HIS ATI Radeon 3850 card. My drive is an LG HD-DVD/BluRay drive so I should be able to play both formats. This is running on Windows XP Pro w/SP3. I upgraded to the latest Catalyst drivers last night (version 8.12) but still that didn't fix the problem. I am using the DVI-to-HDMI adapter that came with the graphics card with a new HDMI cable connected to my 42" Sharp Aquos. I also tried another cable which has a DVI connector in one end and an HDMI connector on the other end, therefore, it doesn't require the DVI-HDMI adapter that came with the card. Either way, I get the same error. DVDs play just fine. The problem is with HD-DVDs and BluRays.

When I hit play (trying Chronicles of Narnia 2), it tries to load, the drive LED blinks for a while and just when it is about to start playing it gives me the error message window about it "Cannot initialize secure display session -(Error Code=0122)". After that I close the window and hit play again and the BluRay begins to play the previews in the disc, until it gets to the menu. All that plays flawlessly. Once in the main menu, I hit play to start the movie and the error message appears again. So essentially I cannot play the movie.

I did find out that I can bypass that by going through the "scene selection" menu and select chapter 1. That starts the movie without problems. However, I still would like to get this problem resolved because there are other titles (like the Scorpion King) where PowerDVD just freezes when loading the disc and doesn't play anything.

I downloaded the BD Advisor program from Cyberlink and it says my graphics card is "Digital with HDCP"

What if I install AnyDVD HD? will that somehow disable encryption and allow playback on PowerDVD?

Thanks....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2009 19:20

Amit [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 08, 2009 09:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same error on my PC as well. I can't even get to the scene selection.

I am using Power DVD Ultra 8, when I first got it it was fine, it played movies no problem.

I am using a Pioneer BD-Rom BDC 202, Nvidia 9600 GT graphics card through to an IIyama Prolite E2403WS monitor. I downloaded the lastest drivers for my graphics card. However I noticed that since downloading the latest patch for Cyberlink I have had these problems.

Any advice would be helpful please.

Thanks
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 06, 2009 18:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
There seems to be a problem with PowerDVD 8 Ultra. I just installed WinDVD 9 and it has no problems playing BluRays. So this was the solution for me.
Alan [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2009 18:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So I guess nothing is going to be done about this problem? It is obviously CyberLinks', as WinDVD has no problems, and all you need to do to make CyberLink actually work is run another application, namely SlySofts' AnyDVD.
Seems like the fix is already done, CyberLink just isn't interested it implementing it.
Reply to this topic