CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I "vertically stretch" a video?
[Post New]
I'm editing a video that I would like to "vertically stretch" to make the people look taller and thinner. I've seen several videos where it's been done but can't figure out how. Any advice?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9888 Offline
[Post New]
Hi VideoMaker -

Are you using PD9 or a previous version?

Either way, insert the clip into one of the tracks (in PD8 or previous, NOT the top track). Select it and click Modify... now you're in PiP Designer.

Uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio"... now you can resize/re-proportion the video in any way you like.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thank you SO MUCH! We tried for 3 days using different types of software to figure out how to do it and couldn't. Followed you instructions and it worked beautifully! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your expertise.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
In PD9 you can insert into any track and have the facilities of PiP Designer and can alter the dimensions of a video or image file (stretch etc)
Dafydd