CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound not same position when rendered as in timeline.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'm still getting used to Power Director and my new HP Win7 laptop so apologies if it's a newbie mistake. The laptop came with DVD Suite and I have purchased the online upgrade so I'm currently using Power Director 8.0.2906.

My first project is a set of images with various wipes/fades etc and a singe soundtrack which is a single mp3 which I mixed using Adobe Audition. It's 9minutes 59secs on the timeline and the preview is just as I want it but when I render it to a wmv the soundtrack finishes about 20 seconds before I expect it to.

I went back to the project and previewed it again after rendering and it is still as I want it. The last image fades about 30 seconds before the end of the soundtrack followed by vertical scrolling text about the event at which the pictures were taken.

Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong to result in the sound/video timing being out of sync?

p.s. - I'm rendering to High Qual wmv by the way.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 11. 2011 18:20

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9875 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm -

There's no reason for the music to be cut short like that in the rendered file, but I've had occasional issues with PD "removing the opening/closing phrase of the music.

Obviously, it plays correctly in preview & looks just as you want it.

I guess you have inserted a 30 second colour board after the slide show (at 5:29:00) - yes? Whether you do or don't, if the music continues beyond the slideshow, it should be included in the produced file.

I don't have an explanation for what's occurring. Something worth trying (though it ought to be unnecessary):
1. Insert the produced file in the timeline (the one with the truncated music)
2. Split the audio from the track & remove it!
3. Insert the original mp3 file in the music track
4. Produce...

It's worth a shot. Something is a bit odd there.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that - I've got a working solution. It looks like Power Director doesn't like variable bit rate audio. I re-encoded the mp3 at a constant bit rate (192Kbps) and everything is fine now. Both DVD and wmv are spot on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2011 23:09

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9875 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent George -

Happy endings are great! Thanks for letting the forum know how you got on.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!