CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible Message Thread Bug in this Forum
garioch7
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. Last night I tried to save twice, a response to GaryS (Full Screen Production thread). Both times the post seemed to save correctly (no errors), but neither post appeared at the bottom of the thread, although the thread updated to show that I was the last post on the thread. Today, I notice Tony is listed as the last responder, but I can't see his response. Also the count of the number of answers is off by three (at least, not counting the posts we can't see). It says 11 answers. Assuming that the initial question is not an answer, why are there 14 answers showing on the thread?

Can't find a way to a page 2 - perhaps I am blind as well as afflicted by the chair-to-keyboard interface error that I encounter so often. Any assistance/comments appreciated. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
garioch7
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Further testing - if you click on the XML button, then you can see all of the posts (18 answers, plus initial query). Very strange. Tony seems to think it is an "enhanced feature" of this forum as well.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9795 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

The DZ forum has been through all this before. It's been riddled with glitches at times, and they're starting to appear again. People can waste a lot of time constructing questions and responses that go off into the ether.

In the past, CyberLink has been made aware of the problems, but they must be very resilient bugs!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
garioch7
[Post New]
Tony:

Too bad about that. This is a good forum (CL is more technical for the most part). And yes, there are a few bugs around here. I really dislike the bouncing screen when you exceed a certain number of lines. That might be deliberate to discourage loquacious types like me from driveling on forever.

Oh well, I guess we just live with it, IF and until, CL fixes the problems.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9795 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

Yes - it does deter people from posting... not a terribly good marketing strategy!

If you ever get the urge to lift your game and become circumloquacious, this little download might help you... http://www.4shared.com/document/ekRY4z7v/words.html

It won't, however, help fix the bugs in the DZ forum.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Oh well, I guess we just live with it, IF and until, CL fixes the problems.
Yes, you are right Phil. Let's all of us just be patient and give cyberlink a chance to repair the many things that don't work right in these DZ forums. I mean that only seems fair, as they have only had two and a half years to work on it so far. And as you know, Rome wasn't built in day.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2011 05:22

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
garioch7
[Post New]
Tony: I have encountered another "Chair-to Keyboard Interface Error." I clicked on your link, but saw no way to view what it is you wanted me to see, should I want to become even more circumloquacious (I am already bad enough, and my wife will tell you that I don't need further encouragement).

I agree with Cranston (and you). It really is self-defeating for CL to ignore this forum. It is a tremendous marketing tool for PD9. They're already taking it on the nose for poor customer support. At least, you pros are free here, to the extent that their forum works and permits you to help users. Seems to me to be a huge bargain for CL, but then I suppose I am naive.

My son works in the programming business and he tells horror stories about the mismanagement that goes on. He gets SO very frustrated, particularly at the lack of good business practices, primary among which is keeping your customers happy.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra