CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut and Paste
[Post New]
Has anyone found a way to set multiple video files on the video track then cut, paste segments in an alternating way? Everything keeps snapping left. How come you can't create a space between clips? I understand the feature that allows everything to move in unison - I am not talking about that feature. Any work-a-rounds? This is very frustrating as I need to precisely cut move and insert another clip at the right moment in my music videos.

Windows 7 64-Bit Intel i7 X980 6 Core CPU @3.33, 12 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 5850 GPU
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9875 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Elwood Blues -

Yes - the main video track does behave like that... snaps to left. It doesn't allow blank spaces.

The way to sort it is:
(a) insert a colour board to act as a spacer
(b) insert the required clips into PiP tracks (stretched to full screen) - that will allow free movement

Cheers - Tony

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more. Subscribe!
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to place a color board then you may wish to consider adding your own images instead. Experiments have shown that the resolution of your video drops when a PD8 color board is used as it has a lower frame size than the HD video. I suggest you retain the quality of your video by making in an image editor your own color boards, 1280 x 720 and 1920 x 1080.

Please use the MAIN CyberLink forum where you can attach images and other data (and has a working search). You'll also find a large bunch of editors willing to assist you.

PS8 Forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/55.page
All Forums: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 15. 2010 21:07

[Post New]
Thanks Tony, but I don't understand how using color boards would help, as they throw off the timing of the underlying audio track in relation to the video I want to keep.....

Adding a PiP track might work, if I get what you're saying. But that would be a very labor intense way to make this cut/paste/insert thing work.

Thanks Dafydd, thats's godd to know!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9875 Offline
[Post New]
EB -

If you post a screen shot of your timeline, either here or in the other forum (the one Dafydd linked), it will give a better idea of what you're trying to do.

Yes - colour boards only have a 640x360 resolution & using them will adversely affect the quality of your video. In fact, placing a clip in a PiP track with nothing in the main track has the same impact As Dafydd says, inserting a 1920x1080 colour board or image is much more preferable.

Cheers - Tony

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more. Subscribe!
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]