CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
drawing a line..
Oddball207
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 12, 2010 16:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, i'm new to director zone and power director, and i have a question regarding avi files. . . is it possible to draw a line from one point to another, say for sports ....so i can tell when different athletes reach different points. i'm not quite sure how to communicate exactly what i mean hopefully someone will have a rough idea and be able to help...i appreciate any help i may get. tia.
wasif
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 26, 2010 21:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
i kind of have a similar question!! I want to a single line as an animation on the title, and add another word that would come up later!! Basically, the title, assuming ' The Joker' would come up, then the line would come up on ' Joker', and another word would come up on the side!!
I have been trying to do this for some time now, but failure so far!!! Any tips would be highly appreciated!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9777 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

I tried a few different ways to do this... not too successfully. It was Cranston who pointed me at doing it this way. It cannot be done completely within PD.

1. Make a line in a separate graphics program - make the background transparent - save it as a .png file

2. Import the .png fil into PD & insert it into a PiP track

3. In PiP Designer, apply size changes using keyframes.

Here's a packed project (zipped) including a couple of lines. If you look at the keyframes in PiP Designer, you'll see how it was applied.

You can download it at http://www.4shared.com/file/EmXPxipc/Lines.html

For some reason, in that project, PD ignored me when I unchecked "Keep Aspect Ratio". It was also determined to expand from the centre, rather than one end. Maybe I was doing something wrong. It might help you get started anyway.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2010 07:11

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
HI all,

Tony's answer using a .png image and PIP Motion to create an animated line, was my first thought too, to these two questions. And it probably is the best way. But I got thinking about it (as we are talking about just text here), and came up with another possible method, to generate and animate a "line" (using the Underline character), thus only using the resources in PD's Titles Room, without having to use the .png image in a PIP track method. Don't really know which method works better or faster, but it is an option that seems viable.
Here’s a link to a quick one minute video demonstration (including a mini tutorial at the end).
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/834/title-lines-see-description/

And here’s a link to a full tutorial on creating multiple text in PowerDirector.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/10/TOwtIcWrmUY

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2010 12:25

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9777 Offline
[Post New]
YOU, Brother C, are a WHIZ!

and nobody's yelling at nobody

Cheers - Brother T

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2010 13:09

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
wasif
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 26, 2010 21:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Really really thanks for the help!!!
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i kind of have a similar question!! I want to a single line as an animation on the title, and add another word that would come up later!! Basically, the title, assuming ' The Joker' would come up, then the line would come up on ' Joker', and another word would come up on the side!!
I have been trying to do this for some time now, but failure so far!!! Any tips would be highly appreciated!!

You can also “create a new hand writing drawn paint animation I the Paint Designer” (Pip Objects Room). The problem is that you have to have a good pulse, since there is no key to hold and draw straight lines (that would be a nice new feature id future PD's)