CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to get a full screen video from PD 8?
ROY [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 20, 2010 21:22 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a Canon 7D to take video and using PD 8 to edit and create MP4 . I am also using sequential photos to create time lapse movies. How can I get the resulting movies to show "Full Screen" instead of in a window on the screen?
Cheers
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Roy Jack Ward! Viewing your videos using the preview window, you can click on an icon, which shows a depiction of a screen with arrows pointing out from its corners. This is the Media Viewer screen and the icon is found as the second-last in a row of seven icons after the large "Play" icon. It is under the time counter. Run your cursor along these icons and the wanted feature's label will appear. Whilst viewing you can stretch the screen size out to however large you want it to be(within the limits of your computer's screen). Select "Movie" and watch your edit in its entirety, complete with transitions(if applied) before final production. It won't be the absolute full-screen, mind you. the transport icons will appear at lower left, but it will give you a larger image than that of the small editing window in the top-right of the screen, as you normally see it.
ROY [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 20, 2010 21:22 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Neil for your prompt reply,but what I want is to be able to see full screen is the COMPLETED video ie the MPG that PD has generated and saved to disk.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I honestly don't think there is any provision for expanding the editing screen out to Full-Screen(width of your computer monitor) in any of the Power Director suites. You can view the completed item after it has been rendered(produced) and saved to your hard disc through the same media viewer. I'm basing my advise on my PD7 editing software, mind you, but there isn't a great deal of difference between them(I briefly put PD8 on my computer after receiving the software in a package for a capture card, for copying videotape content onto my computer) but found it was only a "bare-bones" version without all the extra features activated. So I reverted to my trusty PD7 because each time I tried to download the upgrade for PD8, it would not "take" so I gave up and reverted to PD7. The completed clip can be activated in Media Viewer WITHOUT the need to place it on the timeline(or storyboard if you edit in that manner). And something I forgot to mention before(silly me), the little "box" beside the red X at top-right of the Media Viewer screen(-‥X) no matter how I try, I cannot replicate the three small "minimise-expand-close" icons at the top-right of the viewer, through copy & paste from Word or Publisher. But anyway, you get the idea(I hope). The umlaut was supposed to be the "expand" box in the bracketed example. I will, at this point, ask another of the "grand masters" to step in at this point as maybe they can be of assistance. Cheers for now!