CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do you horizontially flip video clip?
divingh2o
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 28, 2010 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have several clips that I am using to create a movie. There are 3 clips from the same perspective, but I would like to flip one of the clips so that it looks opposite of the other two clips.

I have tried "effects room" and then "flip canvas" but for some reason it flips only part of the clip and not the entire clip.

Do I need to adjust an effect timing, or am I missing some, or can this actually been done?

Thanks,

Forest
divingh2o
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 28, 2010 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Being that I am new to Power Director, I just didn't know the right location. It appears that after selecting the effect, I can click on the clip, then click on effects, and then see the editing options.

Thanks,

Forest
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Forest and welcome to the forum,

Yes you can flip your clips.

1. Drag the video clip you want to flip to the time line...then open up the EFFECTS ROOM. Scroll down through the effects and search for "FLIP CANVAS". Drag that effect to the EFFECTS TRACK under the clip you want to flip. You can lengthen or shorten the duration of the effect to suit your particular needs. It's default time value is set to 10 seconds in duration.

2. Select (Highlight) the effect on the effects track and then select the MODIFY BUTTON. You will find several options available: NONE, Horizontal, Vertical and Hori/Vert as choices. I think you want the HORIZONTAL choice....this will flip the canvas so that you have that reversed camera angle.

3. Just so you know...the effect has KEY FRAMES applied to it, which can be seen as two small yellow diamonds directly below the PREVIEW screen..so the effect will begin when the time(blue scrubber) falls on the first diamond in the clip and end when the time falls on the second diamond. You can DELETE those diamonds...MOVE them to a diffrent location...or ADD additional key frames.

Let's see if this gets you on your way. If you run into anything that you need help with just followup with a question and we can help you through it.

Good Luck and happy editing!

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 28. 2010 14:50

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 801 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Forest and welcome to the forum,

Yes you can flip your clips.

1. Drag the video clip you want to flip to the time line...then open up the EFFECTS ROOM. Scroll down through the effects and search for "FLIP CANVAS". Drag that effect to the EFFECTS TRACK under the clip you want to flip. You can lengthen or shorten the duration of the effect to suit your particular needs. It's default time value is set to 10 seconds in duration.

2. Select (Highlight) the effect on the effects track and then select the MODIFY BUTTON. You will find several options available: NONE, Horizontal, Vertical and Hori/Vert as choices. I think you want the HORIZONTAL choice....this will flip the canvas so that you have that reversed camera angle.

3. Just so you know...the effect has KEY FRAMES applied to it, which can be seen as two small yellow diamonds directly below the PREVIEW screen..so the effect will begin when the time(blue scrubber) falls on the first diamond in the clip and end when the time falls on the second diamond. You can DELETE those diamonds...MOVE them to a diffrent location...or ADD additional key frames.

Let's see if this gets you on your way. If you run into anything that you need help with just followup with a question and we can help you through it.

Good Luck and happy editing!

Kevin

Many years and now this post helps a lot.. Cap'n Kevin HP Pavilion dv7-2270, Core2Quad 2GHz, 8GbRam, W7Pro64bits, ATI HD4650, Internal 350SSD7200, 2TB ext. Sata7200, SONY HDR-CX7, PANASONIC NV-GS33, Nikon d40x