Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fragile PGS subs: No On-Screen text after MKV remux?
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Often times I will remux an existing MKV movie and simply remove the many language subtitles, leaving just English. PowerDVD13 will display the English PGS text on the TV screen before the remux, but afterwards it will not. After remux PDVD will display the remaining sub in the "Primary Subtitles" menu, but if selected no text ever appears on the screen. Anyone know how to fix this? The only fix is to find and add SRT subs to the new remux because PGS subs are no longer recognized.

Troubleshooting performed:
Opened a ticket with Bunkis at MKV. He said it was an issue with PowerDVD, not his problem.
Used same MKVMerge version. For instance, if the original MKV was created using v6.2, I then used 6.2. Problem exists.
Rebooted, Opened and closed app, etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2014 23:31

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to get in contact with technical Support and provide the related source files to them.

please post me your ticket # once you received it

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Is PowerDVD 13 supposed to be able to read PGS .sup subtitles from BluRays? After updating to 3250 version I rarely get subtitles to appear anymore from our created MKV files.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
As far as I know PGS subtitles should be in the MKV Container , external PGS is not supported.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan