Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Mobile on windows rt
steveymacjr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2013 18:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Nokia Lumia 2520 that runs Windows RT, and when I try to play a video(either locally or streamed over my network) I get a "Decode Error" for some of the files. When I play these same files on a Windows 8(x86) based machine the files play just fine. So I was wondering are there any codec limitations for the Windows RT version of PowerDVD Mobile? If not, how do I get this Decode error to stop... If the Windows RT version of PowerDVD Mobile doesn't support this type of file, why isn't this mentioned in any of the documentation.
Other than this error, I really enjoy this piece of software.. worth the price of my Live subscription!
BTW the file is an MKV file.
Thanks
Stephen..
steveymacjr [Avatar]
[Post New]
here is more information about the video file
Container MKV

Video

Codec MPEG4
Bitrate 1327 kbps
Bit Depth 8
Bvop 1
Chroma Subsampling 4:2:0
Codec I D V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / XVID
Color Space yuv
Duration 2:13:44
Frame Rate 25.000 fps
Frame Rate Mode cfr
Gmc 0
Height 352
Level 0.5
Profile asp
Qpel 0
Scan Type progressive
Width 640

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I found the version that works with RT. Ignore my deleted post.

The version you have should play "Enjoy videos in popular MKV, MPEG-2 and M2TS (MPEG-2) formats"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2014 11:27

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Looks if your file is XVID codec, which is not supported in RT

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
steveymacjr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah ok... is there a site that lists what each version supports, and doesn't support?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check the Website:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-mobile-windows/requirements_en_GB.html

XVID is not listed...

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rourke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2014 08:55 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm surprised why xvid is not on the list. Please don't get me wrong but is there a reason why this is not?