Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying a burn without a menu
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have both an avi and an mpg file of 28 mins and I am trying to burn a DVD without a menu.

I get to the Menu choice and choose 'No Menu' and given a panel with 2 choices but as soon as I press the button the program crashes.

It has done this several times.

I want to burn a DVD with one video, no chapters, no menu etc.

What is the best way to do this and why does it crash please?

I am using XP Pro.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ozstar -

I have no idea why PD is crashing. From what you've said, it shouldn't be. You're not doing anything outrageous.

Before you burn, try producing the project as MPEG-2 DVD HQ - then use the produced file in a new project to burn your disc.

Maybe that will help PD over the hump.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ozstar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks - will give that a go..
ozstar [Avatar]
[Post New]
No go. Still crashed. Not sure why either.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Ozstar:

Please post a dxdiag of your computer. Instructions are at a sticky thread at the top of the Forum. It could possibly be a computer resource issue or dated drivers. The dxdiag will give us the opportunity to check out your computer configuration. No personal information or files are disclosed.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
lindalee123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2014 22:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I think you can download a DVD maker from the Internet. There are many good to use and easy DVD burning softwares online, you just need to search for them, for example ImgBurn, DVD Flick, etc. Besides, if you want to burn some movie clips to DVD, but you don't know how to get them out from the DVD, here is method for you: http://drm-assistant.com/dvdtips/rip-dvds-to-samsung-galaxy-series.html
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ozstar -

After you select No Menu > Apply to all Pages > Burn in 2D...

Have you tried unchecking Burn to Disc and checking Create a Folder? Do you get the same (sad) result?

For PD to crash during such a basic process, there's got to be something wrong! If you post that DxDiag Phil suggested, it might give some clues.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!