Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading from PD11 to PD12
[Post New]
Hello,

Last year I have purchsed the PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Suite, I would like to upgrade it to the new PowerDirector 12 Ultimate.

Shall I uninstall the PD11 before installing PD12 or the upgrade version request the PD11 ?

Or if I decide to install the new PD12 on other laptop after unistalling the exist copy, do I have to install PD11 first then PD12 or PD12 can be installed as fresh or new installation ?

regards,

Yousef
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

Last year I have purchsed the PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Suite, I would like to upgrade it to the new PowerDirector 12 Ultimate.

Shall I uninstall the PD11 before installing PD12 or the upgrade version request the PD11 ?

Or if I decide to install the new PD12 on other laptop after unistalling the exist copy, do I have to install PD11 first then PD12 or PD12 can be installed as fresh or new installation ?

regards,

Yousef

Install PD12 Ultra, PD11 installed it will detect and ask if you want to uninstall now, confirm and move on.
In my case the 1st installation of PD12, PD11 remained installed for a while.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2013 08:51

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
Thank you playsound for your reply.

Is it possible to install upgrade version of PD12 as a fresh or new installation on other PC ?

Regards

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you playsound for your reply.

Is it possible to install upgrade version of PD12 as a fresh or new installation on other PC ?

Regards

I have heard that the Upgrade version of PD 12 will ask for the Product Key of the version you are upgrading from.
Usually you must have the previous version installed on the computer.

I have no direct experience with upgrades as most of my Powerdirector installs have been the full version.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have done upgrades and the previous version needs to be there. In some cases, when it can;t find it, it MAY ask you for the key. I think different upgrades are different.

You are doing the right thing by uninstalling the program from one computer, installing it to the other computer and then upgrading that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2013 15:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]

Thanks to all of you.

It is a good idea to upgrade without previous version installed if it could ask just for the key .