Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 - Media Content - Sample Clips
Dangerruss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2013 19:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to change the default location for Media Content? Currently the Media Content is pointing to the Sample Clips folder. I tried to delete the files in this folder, but PD12 reported I needed to be the administrator. My user account in WIN7 says I have administrator privileges. Why can't I delete these sample files?

Thanks,
Russ
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The samples are useful for testing purposes if run into an issue, we can ask you to place one of those test files into a timeline and proceed.
As for where your media resides, the default can be changed to whatever folder you wish. The setting is in PREFERENCES.
Unfortunately, the last setting, is the new "default", so each time you switch from one project to another, you need to tell PD the proper place to direct your files, or your Christmas video items might wind up in Aunt Edna's funeral video folder.
As for the inability to delete, I dunno. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Russ -

When you try to remove the Sample Clips folder, the OS will ask for confirmation. Just click continue & it will be moved.

You can always just tell PD (in Preferences) not to load the sample clips.

As a side note, you can also add your own commonly used clips (logos etc) to load with each project - to the Sample Clips folder. The same applies to images in the Background folder. Content can be removed or replaced.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!