Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is the advised format to produce for youtube video?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I know I asked this question before and got an answer, but was just uploading my 4 minute video in mp4 13mb/sec format, and it's taking forever, then I saw it's almost 400mb size, and I wonder if that will affect the speed when people will try to play the video of that size? what is usually the format that is used for youtube videos?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
rytis,
first off, I do not advise using the built-in up-loader for YouTube.
It is best to produce the video, then upload using YouTube's up-loader.
For me, and I think most will agree, MP4 is the way to go. Followed by WMV.
The MP4 has the added advantage of you being able to make your own profile within PowerDirector. You can retain HD, but raise/lower bitrates to your needs.
To make a custon WMV profile is a pain in the arse as you need a special program (Windows Media Encoder) and some knowledge to create custom WMV profiles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 09:23

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
rytis, you asked : " affect the speed when people will try to play the video of that size?".

Remember that the overriding factor will be the internet connection speed and the amount of traffic on the internet when the person wants to watch the video. Usually the entire video is not downloaded and played; it is played while downloading (streaming).

What I said about the internet traffic also holds for uploading except worse. Many internet providers will have a high download speed but a slow upload speed. For instance, I get about 12 mbps download but only about 1.2-1.5 mbps upload.

I agree with what Barry posted above. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.