Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Country region code problem
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I recently created a photoshow with PD12 and was astounded that it would not play at a senior center where I have played many of my burned DVDs before. The message indicated that I did not have the correct country code. I am not aware of making any changes in this area on my PC.

I returned home and checked it on my TV DVD player and found the same problem of not being able to play due to the wrong country code. And I discovered that another of my recent shows that I burned has the same problem. Both I had not checked first to see if it plays well on my TV player before using it at the center, as I have done for several years. But the DVD does play on both my PCs with no problems!

Then I checked the country code setting of my PC burners and both say "no region selected" and I don't know if that ever changed since I bought both. Because it says I have 5 changes left, it looks like the country code never changed.

What else should I check? Or is there a setting in PD12 that I must change? It's possible that these two DVDs are the only two DVDs that I burned since upgrading to PD12.

Any ideas? I can't continue working on my projects until this is resolved. I have dozens of projects to burn as soon as possible.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
That is strange...have you checked in Preferences whether you have the correct format Pal/Ntsc? I found that at one point PD12 defaulted to the Pal rather than Ntsc (which I am).
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply!

As I responded to you question, I had a hard time finding any reference to PAL.

The only place I see is in Preferences under GENERAL where the timeline frame rate is selected. I now do remember changing it recently to 24 FPS (Film) as I for the first time responded to a message about my importing a different frame rate compared to the default project setting. Until now, it never occurred to me that changing it would affect playing on any USA TV DVD player. Does "24 FPS (Film)" mean PAL?

Why would my two PCs and one laptop play the DVD and not on any TV DVD player? Perhaps I should try to change it back. But now I don't know what it was before. Would I normally pick "30 FPS (NTSC)" ?

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
changing 'Back' would be determined by your location 'Pal' is a European format and is 50 fps I believe Ntsc is North america region and is generally 30 fps (29.97). Some players are picky.
This is my view not necessarily right on LOL
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
James,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I returned to the previous saved project burn of both and found that the Timeline Frame Rate was PAL 25 FPS in the General tab of Preferences. I don't know how it got that way because I confirmed that I burned a couple of other projects prior to that and they were OK. I burned both again and both now play properly on the TV DVD player. Whew! That is so gratifying to have this behind me. It still amazes me that all my PCs had no problem in playing the PAL format.

I can only conclude that it got that way by default as you suggested. Without your help, I'd be cursing at this situation for a long time. I hope some day I can return the favor.

Thanks, again!

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

James1
[Post New]
Hi Bill,
No problem...for some reason on certain Updates preferences get changed when the update installs.
We here on the forum are volunteers and a lot of them have a great knowledge of the program I am a hobbyist
and just relate what has happened in my instances. I bought some DVD and Blu ray disk that are rewritable and do sample burns first before committing my projects to a final Production, that way if I have missed something or it doesn't show the way I expect I can re-do.
Jim
p.s. Glad it worked for you. Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

jerry112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2013 02:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Well, many thanks to james1's detailed answer,at first i got the same situation with Watercolorwilly and i feel so Helpless. Your answer get me out of the issues. Thanks again and as i have burn a dvd that can not be played with my DVD player due to the region code, i get a program to get my DVD region code free. From Watercolorwilly's description "It's possible that these two DVDs are the only two DVDs that I burned since upgrading to PD12. " i learn that you must also had burn two DVDs that can not played normally,if need, use DVD region code cutter to get the DVD free. that's all Remove DVD region code