Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart collection using face tags
byrona22 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NZ Joined: Sep 28, 2013 22:16 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
How do I create a smart collection based on Face tags? Face tag is not in the smart list creation box, but it seems trivial that it should be?...

I want a smart collection so that I can get all photos that have both Sue and Joan in them.
[Post New]
Hello bryona22,

What you'd like to do can be done. It requires you to fist create separate albums for the people in question - Sue and Joan.

To show you the steps, I've prepared a short tutorial. I hope it helps.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2013 20:36

PIX YouTube channel
byrona22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that, very helpful. Haven't used albums before so will do that.

One question though, you seem to just click on a face tag (i.e. hugh) and all the photos in that tag are selected (have blue ring around them)?.. For me I would have to select one photo, scroll to the end and while holding shift click on the last photo.

Am i missing something to make selection of all photos easier?

thanks again!
[Post New]
Hello again,

I'm glad it helped.

Ah, I didn't explain that in the tutorial & you couldn't see the keyboard. After clicking on a face tag (e.g. Hugh), I just used the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A to select all. Much easier than using Shift + click or Ctrl + click.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
byrona22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Ctrl + A to select all

omg. brilliant. That is just like learning to use the "F2" Button with Excel. mega thanks!