Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Importing Media" window won't go away.
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I just started using PhotoDirector 5. I think I will like it. But after making some test edits and say "yes" to apply the changes, it imports the adjusted photo as desired, but the little window will not go away as it does for edits in AudioDirector. I have to move it way to the side to continue working.

What am I doing wrong? If I stop the little window in Windows Task Manager, all of PD12 goes away instead of just that little window. Then I have to start that project in PD12 again.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
Hello Bill,

Welcome to the PhD forum

You probably won't enjoy using PhD5 if it continues to behave unexpectedly. I'm not sure I understand which "little window" you're referring to... "after making some test edits and say "yes" to apply the changes, it imports the adjusted photo as desired, but the little window will not go away"

After editing, you can export or Save As. If you've chosen (under Export options) to import the edited photo, it will be imported into the project.

Could you please post a screen shot of the window so we can help iron out the issue?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
PIX:

See attached. At left center is the little window ("Importing Media [100%]") that should go away after importing the edited photo in PhotoDirector. Most times it will not go away, as I stated. At times it also stalls at saying "Not Responding" instead of "[100%]"

Bill
[Thumb - Clipboard01.jpg]
 Filename
Clipboard01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
156 time(s)
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
Ah, now I understand.

After editing in PhotoDirector and you click "Back" to return to PowerDirector.

Yes - I recall that's happened a couple of times here, but cannot remember the circumstance. I just can't make it happen right now in order to investigate the issue. I do, however, recognise the problem. Most annoying, I agree.

This may be irrelevant, Bill, but have you applied the latest patches for PhD5 - 4430 & PDR12 - 2230?
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-update.do?t=update&locale=en_GB&lang=en_GB

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIX,

Thanks!

Duh, I did not know enough to use "BACK" as I have been in the habit of clicking on "X" at upper right to leave AudioDirector and other similar features. It always got me back OK, but I seem to remember that sometimes the little window would hang around for a while too.

I tested it just now and the window went away for PhotoDirector this time. I'll watch it a few more times. Perhaps there is a minor bug that prevents its removal at times when using the "X" to leave.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM