Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unsuccessful Burn
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I continue to have problems with the normal burn process. After completing a project, I open "new project," click on "Create Disk" to start the usual setup of burning, including the import of the current project. Currently all normal burns end at about 99% authoring and suddenly a message appears to tell me "Unsuccessful burn, unknown error" before, or as it trys, to burn to disk.

If I create an mpeg video of the project, or each of several projects, for the one burn, and use the same menu, the burn rapidly completes and is successful.

Is there any experience with this? Can I correct something and get back to successful normal burns, directly from the project without having to create mpegs first? Sigh.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What I do is Check Burn Folder, Uncheck Burn Disk. Uncheck Enable Hardware encoder.
That creates a Disk Folder.

You can then burn the successful disk folder with Disk burning software. There are several Free Disk burning software available.
ImgBurn is one.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Carl, I've been trying a few things per your suggestions. Meanwhile, I'm starting a new project and noticed that my default frame rate was 30 and my Canon camera apparenty creates .MOV at 24 frames. Could this mismatch be my problem all along?

If so, can I go back to my previous troublesome project, and be able to change the frame rate, and perhaps it will burn after creating the burn file? Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, I've been trying a few things per your suggestions. Meanwhile, I'm starting a new project and noticed that my default frame rate was 30 and my Canon camera apparenty creates .MOV at 24 frames. Could this mismatch be my problem all along?

If so, can I go back to my previous troublesome project, and be able to change the frame rate, and perhaps it will burn after creating the burn file?

What model Canon camera do you have?

Check the modes, Canon cameras should have 30 fps frame rate if North America or 25 fps if in a PAL country such as the UK.
24 fps is a cinematic mode.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Watercolorwilly

I have at least 3 other cameras that are canons and all produce 24 fps videos. All my projects are 30 fps. Never had any issues with the differences. Win 10, i7
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
My Canon is a PowerShot SX50 HS. I googled it and below are some words on it's video. The video from it in PD12 says it is 1920X1080 at 23.876 fps. H.264 AVC, progressive. In my camera there is an indication that says "1920, 24" and I concluded it is set at 24 frames.

"Just like its predecessor, Canon's not skimped on the movie mode either. The camera can capture 1080p clips at 24 frames per second for that cinematic frame rate, while 30fps is available for the lower 720p HD capture option."

Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, I've been trying a few things per your suggestions. Meanwhile, I'm starting a new project and noticed that my default frame rate was 30 and my Canon camera apparenty creates .MOV at 24 frames. Could this mismatch be my problem all along?

If so, can I go back to my previous troublesome project, and be able to change the frame rate, and perhaps it will burn after creating the burn file?

Thank you for the model number.

There is no reason that 24 fps would be a cause for burning disk failures. I do see your camera is a still camera with movie mode.

If your are only burning standard DVD, you could use the 1280x720 at 30 fps mode as Standard DVD is only 720x480 pixels.

If you produce your edited video to MPEG-2 HQ and use that produced video for disk burning would be easier on your computer, because the computer would not have to render the HD video to SD for the DVD at the same time it is burning.