Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing & Chapters
Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kent Joined: May 06, 2008 17:54 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
1. Can you please tell me why do I loose my chapters when I burn to disc in PD7. they are there when I produce but when I go into menu maker they have vanished,

2. Also when I have finished producing do I then drag that into the time line before burning.

Silly questions I know but I have printed out every page of the instruction manual and followed what is says, but it doesnt say about what to do once you have produced your movie and where you put it,
if indeed you put it anywhere.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2008 03:33

Regards
Lynn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lynn,

I try and replicate what a problem is if possible when I see a video editor having an issue with a particular feature of PD. I then try and provide the solution in text or an image.

In video editing the use of "Produce", "Edit" and "Create" all have specific meanings and they're used in Title sections of PD - a bit confusing sometimes. I try and use the capital letter when refering to a function within PD.

Answers (which may be wrong):
1. PD7 Video in the time-line, chapters added. Click the Create Disc option.
1-1. Select a Menu template
1-2. Select Preview
1-3. It's display two links - Play all and Chapters
1-4 the Chapters link will display a maximum of 6 links/buttons on a page and create more pages and links to if you have more that 6.
1-5 The Play all ...will play the video all the way through.
1-6 Chapters are just start points in a video on a DVD.

2. Producing a video is a part of the editing process. A produced Mpeg2 (DVD HQ) for example can be brought back into the time-line at any point and become part of your project.

I've written all this from memory.... so if i've made an error let me know.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2008 03:45

Lynnwilx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kent Joined: May 06, 2008 17:54 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
How could you be wrong. I understood all you said and with each lesson you give me I will simply get better and better.
Lynn Regards
Lynn