Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Relinking video and audio after they are unlinked thru Audio director 3
Talisman J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2013 08:13 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have my short film completed on the video side. I sent each clip to audio director 3 thru power director edited the sound then sent it back to power director.

This caused the video and audio to unlink.

How do I re-link the video and audio so I can send both back to audio director 3 to record sound effects with my Yeti mic?

The manual says to click on the video and then the audio and right click to hit the link button. I can't find a way to be able to click on the video (lock on it) then click on the audio. Each time the video gets deselected when I click on the audio.

I have Power director ver. 11 ultimate suite.

Thanks.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Talisman J,

See response on the Power Director 11 forum.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
Thank you Hal

As Hal explained in the PD11 forum, right clicking and selecting "Link..." will do what you want.

When video clips are edited in AudioDirector, then sent back to PD, a separate WAV file is created. That's what causes the unlinking.

PIX
[Thumb - ADR_Edit_PDR.jpg]
 Filename
ADR_Edit_PDR.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
781 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2013 15:45

PIX YouTube channel
Talisman J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the pics, Pix.

I was unaware of the common technique of holding down the control button and clicking on items.

I need to re-link the items so I can mic in sound effects with my Yeti in audio director 3.

Talisman J [Avatar]
[Post New]
It works!

How do I remove or replace silence I inserted into an audio clip with the original audio sound?
[Post New]
Hello again,

If you inserted the silences in AudioDirector, you can't really just "put the original sound back" easily.

What I'd suggest is to re-insert the original video clip, then send the audio to ADR for editing. This time, avaid inserting silences where you don't want them.

I have to admit that I often end up with 5 or 6 versions of an edited audio clip before I think I have it right. Just save them progressively as Audio_1, Audio_2 etc.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Talisman J [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's what I thought.

Yeah, welcome to the world of film editing.

Thanks.