Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My videos render in the edit mode causing much delays
Talon777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2013 02:23 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone please tell me what I have wrong so this issue can be resolved? I have attached the dxdiag file. Thank you for your attention on this issue.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
313 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely you are using an older build version of PD11. A patch was released to correct a graphic driver compatibility problem.

If you download the latest build 3026 it will have this fix within it. Download and install the update and then reopen Power director and open your project. The problem should be resolved. Here is a link to th updates.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

I also recommend that you manually delete the temporary files that were generated from the rendering. You can find this manual delete key in your preference settings in the General area tab. Select All the files and then Delete the Selected Files. You probably have generated a bunch and they are just taking up hard drive space at this point. No need to have them.

If this doesn't work then we will have to find the cause.

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 21:37

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Talon777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your assistance...the issue is gone and I am loving it. Power Director Rocks!!!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, welcome to the forums-

To add to Kevin's reply. (edit-- I see you fixed the issue never mind haha)

I had a look at your Dxdiag- you are running Win8 32 bit so you are using Power Director Deluxe correct?
Just be aware that on a Windows 32 bit system not all the features of PD will be available.

Is this your first try at using Power Director? And is it the full version of PD or a trial version?

Anyway Nvidia graphics driver version 320.49 is out so go ahead and update here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Also lower your Preview settings to get the clip in the preview window to flow a little smoother.
See pic attached.

Rob
[Thumb - Preview Options1.png]
 Filename
Preview Options1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
240 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 21:50

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]

Full Steam Ahead Sir!

Have fun making some great videos!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 21:50

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Talon777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi RobAC,

This is my first try at using Power Director and I purchased the Ultimate Power Director 11 Suite full version. Thank you for a direct link to update my Nvidia Graphics Driver and it has been completed. I am blown away by the support here on this forum. I am not very computer savy and didn't even know what a driver was until you had mentioned it and I did a search on it. I have been making great videos since I made this purchase but the rendering issue was a bit to take. Then I started reading the forum here and realized that it was not suppose to render during edit and saw where people were downloading their dxdiag file and someone posted step by step instructions on how to do it so I did posted my dxdiag file. I am now aware that my 32 bit computer cannot access everything, though I have yet to find something I can't do yet. I will set my preview settings according to your advice when I use it again this Saturday. I threw a couple videos together with a couple transitions and the rendering issue is gone and works great. I am even more motivated now to make more videos. This will save me a lot of time as the rendering issue would sometimes cause PD11 to lock up and I would have to use the task manager to force it to close.

At my job I asked if I could redo the training videos from boring snooze fest videos to my version with special effects and comedy using PD11 so the boss said for me to do a couple and they would decide. I made two training videos with PD11 and they were very well received and now I am redoing training videos during my spare time and the boss is very pleased with me. I hope this will elevate my position soon and they make me the main training officer. We shall see. Thanks again for your assistance and I will continue to read the forum on a regular basis for any more tidbits of knowledge.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Talon777,
don't forget, if you need ideas, lessons/tutorials, and a few freebies, visit the crew at PDTooTS.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT