Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text question
thethird [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brazil Joined: Jul 09, 2013 13:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All!

I started recently to edit videos and i'm having lots of fun editing it however i got one particular question.

Some of the videos that i'm editing were filmed at night and have low quality and when I add text into it it gets really blurry at the edges I believe because of the low quality of the videdo is there a way to fix it? I mean can i add text without any damage?
ShadowsOfKnight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2013 18:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Just to clarify, when you say you are adding text, does that mean you are adding subtitles from the Subtitles tab? If so, I can't imagine that the quality of the video would affect the subtitle clarity.

Or, are you using some other means to "add text"?
thethird [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, I'm using the Title tab.

When I add a text at the tittle room it displays the way and quality that I want but when I run the video it gets really blurry.

I tryed adding borders to the text but nothing changed.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi thethird -

I've found that to be something of an issue in many versions of PD.

What you see in the Title Designer screen doesn't equate to what you get back in preview or in the produced files.

You have to be VERY careful applying blurs on shadows and borders. Under-do it in Title Designer (and PiP Designer) and you'll get a result closer to what you want.

That said, PD will only make blurry text if you allow it to... or do you mean that it seems to make the video blurry???

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
I'm going to hazard a guess that you are talking about blurriness when when you play it back in the Preview window?
(If not then ignore the rest of this post.)

Have you tried changing the Preview settings to High and then playing it back?
Lower settings cause blurriness. When you Produce the video the titles will be clear.

See this link for more info- scroll down: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29038.page

Rob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 20:12

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
thethird [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response guys!

@Tony

No, I'm want to the text in the clip to display as neat as possible. My attempt to add border was hoping that the blurriness would affect only the border leaving a clean text to the vid, as you can imagine it failed hahaha.

@Rob

Yup.

I saw the thread from the link you posted as well. When I change the preview settings to high nothing happens, however when I rendered the vid it gets better, it's not what I expected but much better.
Is it normal not being able to click the "Fast video rendering technology" in the Produce tab?

My guess is because the video quality is really bad, dunno for sure.

Do you guys have any tips to render a video 640x480?

Thank!

Celio.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

Ah - 640x480.

If you've added borders to the text, make sure you don't apply any blur or transparency. That will only exaggerate the problem. Keep it simple and clean.

The best way to produce 640x480 is exactly the same way. Produce to that same format as your original clips 640x480. If you try to bump it up to 720p it will just look blurrier.

If possible, keep the same format & bitrate settings too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
thethird [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony!

I'll try several tests and see what comes best.

Cheers mates!