Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updated with more info....still need help removing crying baby sounds and camera clicks
Roxanne123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2013 09:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

We're trying to edit a choral concert that was shot from the back of the room and had good success with power director 11 videowise. The only problem now is that there are moments when you can hear a crying baby or two and others where a photographer was taking pics right next to our Sony PJ790V camcorder, also at some points the audience also seems a bit loud. Before we buy the AD3 software could someone with experience tell me if removing these sounds is possible and if so could comment on how time intensive it will be to process it.

Thanks in advance!

Roxanne

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2013 20:47

[Post New]
Hello Roxanne,

Welcome to the ADR forum.

Firstly, have you watched this tutorial? http://youtu.be/PxqQwQjsiCg It shows how you can repair the audio "visually".

I can't say I have great experience with your particular situation, but I have used ADR to remove/decrease distinctive (unwanted) sounds quite successfully.

The more distinctive the sound, the easier it is to locate & repair, so the camera click & baby sound might present less challenge than the ambient audience noise.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Roxanne123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2013 09:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PIX!

The problem is that although the clicks are distinct lines that can be identified and removed the crying blends with the singing voices and is hard to isolate. Any thoughts on how to do that better? I'm not hoping for 100% removal just a reduction.

We have audio from 3 difference sources: our camcorder, processed audio that is professional recorded, and audio from overhead microphones. The processed audio is missing the high notes and the mic audio is missing some voices as well. Is there any way to use these to fix our audio?

Roxanne
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
This is a bit of a late reply- I haven't done this myself but have you tried the Mix tab and mixing the tracks lowering and raising the sounds in each section to mask the offending unwanted sounds?

Or else layering them in different timeline audio tracks in Power Director and using the fades to get some sort of mix effect. Since you have three different audio sources you should be able to isolate and and mix in the sections that you want and excise or lower the ones you do not want.

(I know simpler said than done.)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be