CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► CDR Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Forum Members,

Since the PhotoDirector forum has a suggestion box, I thought the ColorDirector forum ought to have one too.

Please contribute any suggested features or improvements in this thread, so that a collection of ideas can be promoted with CyberLink R&D.

The team at CL is always trying to improve their products. Members suggestions will be welcomed.

PIX
 Filename
CDR_Sugg.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1261 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2013 17:04

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX

Great topic!

Here's my 2 cents worth:

In the Manual mask area

After masking an area:

1. The ability to delete a background to make it transparent (alpha)

2. The ability to to make a background out of focus or blurred

Happy editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2013 00:15

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Inclusion of histogram or scopes, as discussed here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24956.page PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to see highlights in the preview and set a tolerance level and feather level for the highlights in much the same way that Colorfast does.

This is partly mentioned in the thread PIX has referenced.

It could be extended with similar "masks" for all 5 settings - Brightest, Bright, Midtone, Dark, Darkest. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
And - not only but also...

... in the Production module, when you customise a profile it isn't saved.

It would be useful if, like in PowerDirector, custom profiles could be saved.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Add lots of skin tone options that we can preserve while changing the other color values of the scene.
[Post New]
Hi,

I would like to second the suggestion by PIC "The ability to delete a background to make it transparent".

It seems to me that within the masked area, it could be either made transparent,
or next best, made into a primary color that PowerDirector could easily chroma key to be transparent.

I have just tried this, and, well I can do it, but it takes a lot work and fiddling right now.

If the "next best" can already be done easily with a few settings, and I had missed it, please tell me

Cybertownboy

Quote: Hi PIX

Great topic!

Here's my 2 cents worth:

In the Manual mask area

After masking an area:

1. The ability to delete a background to make it transparent (alpha)

2. The ability to to make a background out of focus or blurred

Happy editing
[Post New]
I have something that works fairly well now.

After I have designated the area I want to be transparent with a local mask in coloreditor, I set exposure and brightness to minimum, then I color-replace black to green with 100 tolerance. This gives me a green background which I can make transparent in powerdirector with the chroma key.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have something that works fairly well now.

After I have designated the area I want to be transparent with a local mask in coloreditor, I set exposure and brightness to minimum, then I color-replace black to green with 100 tolerance. This gives me a green background which I can make transparent in powerdirector with the chroma key.

Nice, thanks for the effective yet simple tip!

I recently used the masking to motion track and highlight a very complex moving area. After having CD for so long this was the first time I ever officially used it in a production and I was very pleased with the outcome.
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
Quote: I recently used the masking to motion track and highlight a very complex moving area

I'm still trying to get it under control!

Suggestion:

In CDR, users can customise a production profile by modifying resolution, bitrate, profile, audio properties etc. Unlike PDR, where custom profiles can be named & saved for future use, CDR only has the ability to recall the last custom profile made.

Of course, it's easily overcome by working through PowerDirector but the ability to save custom profiles would be an advantage.

PIX
 Filename
CDR_Custom Profile.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
844 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2014 20:22

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Pais [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 17, 2013 04:22 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Save the LUT in presets : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40316.page#212272

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 14:38

Messaggio agli italiani che utilizzano PowerDirector , ColorDirector o AudioDirector : http://bit.ly/1rKjrav
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 5767 Offline
[Post New]
Lens correction.
I tried the inverse fisheye but it does not cover the entire screen real estate. My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus EPL-5
Wiel031
Newbie Private Message Location: Simpelveld Netherlands Joined: Sep 04, 2014 16:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Shot Matcher as I have seen in AE would be fine. I use diffrent camera's with different colours.
[Post New]
Colordirector is a powerful tool BUT I would really like ColorDirector to utilise the full processing power of my 64bit PC ..... if Cyberlink could also find away to utilise my ( old but still working ) Nvidia card that would be a real bonus.

At the moment, trying to render any work ( even experimenting with different mood colours ) takes too many cups of coffee and I'm only working on short form videos.

I know Cyberlink listen to the PowerDirector Forum response’s so here's hoping that they are also looking at ColorDirector.

I wonder if the colourful highlights will attract more attention from Cyberlinkcool

Seriously though, come on guys please let us use all ( or most at worst !) of our CPUs & GPUs.

Cheers

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 17. 2015 13:03

I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
USB 3, 4TB external hard drive. Nvidia GT 640 GFX card
All work
[Post New]
All of the suggestions so far mentioned, plus..

I really feel that what Cyberlink have on offer so far is pretty darn good.... BUT I also feel that Cyberlink can make ColorDirector GREAT

The ability to actually CHANGE & ADD colours rather than just affecting the colours already within video clip. (Adding extra layers would be a real boon!) The only way to produce any proper colour change is by using the White Balance ~ temperature/Tint which is great for white balance but rather FEEBLE for changing/adding colours. A more realistic 3 way colour correction ( Gamma, Hue, Chroma, that sort of thing) plus proper scopes which would enable a more profesional approach.

OK, ok I know New Blue offers a scope with one of the plug ins, but I find that very limiting.

PLUS the ability to add mutilpe shape masking (with straight lines) where YOU can control what is masked NOT leaving it to an automatic process.

As has already been mentioned by anotehr member. The ability to MASK video there by making the masked video transperant ,very useful when editing mulitple layers. Sure, you can achieve something similar by introducing a .PNG image to help mask a video track BUT this gets rather complicated and difficult to change the shape of the mask PLUS you end up using too many tracks!

I could add many more suggestions but I'm running out of time for now!embarassed

I also realise that I'm too late for the latest impending version which will probably be released shortly but I live in hopecool

Happy editinglaughing

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2015 06:16

I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
All work
Avenger [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 03, 2016 13:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I really miss Waveform + Scopes
[Post New]
The ability to render the output to an intermediate codec such as Cineform or ProRes.
[Post New]
As I'm using LUT's a lot (kind of lazy) I have a couple of suggestions to work with them more easy. See attaced pic:

1: The before and after preview is too small. It would have been nice if it had been integrated with the large before and after view as seen in the background only updated after applying the LUT.

2: Instead of having to select a LUT, apply before even able to see the changes, it would have been nice to see the changes already clicking on the LUT file. And even better have it available in the large preview.

Thanks!
 Filename
CDenhan.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
868 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote As I'm using LUT's a lot (kind of lazy) I have a couple of suggestions to work with them more easy. See attaced pic:

1: The before and after preview is too small. It would have been nice if it had been integrated with the large before and after view as seen in the background only updated after applying the LUT.

2: Instead of having to select a LUT, apply before even able to see the changes, it would have been nice to see the changes already clicking on the LUT file. And even better have it available in the large preview.

Thanks!

Hi Håkan K, LUT preview a good idea, a bit like the davinci resolve where all the luts are preview at once? Even if selecting LUTS is made easier by being able to go down the list of LUTS to try out without leaving the selection window.

The most important thing would be to make Waveform monitors/Vector scopes available. That would prove Cyberlink are serious about colour correcting with CDR and make it professional. To go out and buy Waveform monitors is just too expensive!

Cheers I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
All work
[Post New]
LUTs as a %:

Having the ability to be able to change the % or opacity or a LUT as a layer vs directly 100% on a clip. Layering would also allow for layering of LUTs with other presets / filters. Yes, you can go back in and tweak the curves and levels, but then you are modifying the overall LUT vs the intensity of the LUT.

Changing the intensity would be beneficial for applying Log LUTs to 709 clips / Clips recorded in a non-flat picture style. This is key for trying to achieve a subtle film look.

Split tone to 3 Way Filter Color Corrector:

In addition to manual curve editing, having a 3 Way Filter Color Corrector to adjust Blacks, mid tones & Highlights. The split tone is not good enough. Needs to be 3 way as skin tones are in the mid level. Also having a color wheel vs slider would be nice.

Revert to original from a Preset: Ability to reset or undo a Preset. The arrow reset button does not un-apply a preset.

Presets s as a %: similar to % for LUTs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2017 11:54

Reply to this topic