where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerProducer 5: problem running program
Reply to this topic
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 12, 2008 15:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've just installed PowerProducer 5. Impossible to run the program, always creating an error message .

Error signature
AppName: producer.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.227 ModName: htmlskin.dll
ModVer: 5.0.0.121 Offset: 0000d0a6

How to fix this problem???

PowerDirectorExpress which came together with PP5 is running without problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2008 17:02

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eric,

You may have to wait awhile for a response on the forum for PP5, as it's only just been released, you will need to contact Technical Support for advice.

Note, at this stage there does not seem to be a provision to upgrade from PP4, that will create displeasure amongst PP4 users if that remains the case.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2008 18:12

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 13, 2008 19:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I've just installed PowerProducer 5. Impossible to run the program, always creating an error message .

Error signature
AppName: producer.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.227 ModName: htmlskin.dll
ModVer: 5.0.0.121 Offset: 0000d0a6

How to fix this problem???

PowerDirectorExpress which came together with PP5 is running without problems.

Hmm, Thats interesting.. I had been using version 4 trail version for a few weeks, then decided to buy it but could only get version 5.

And now I can't use it as I am getting the EXACT same error as Eric, This would therefore suggest to me that there is a program error, Lets hope its sorted ASAP! Any advice?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you have found a bug, contact Technical Support immediately, 2 downloads, 2 failures.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've contacted Technical Support and they proposed a solution. I'll try their proposal this evening (seems rather complicated, I'm not a computer expert) by following their suggestions step by step.
Keep you informed.
Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
I hope they come up with another solution, the 1st one didn't work.
Jason, did you contact the Technical Support and...
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Eric,

I take it that Tech. Support, gave you the standard responses when things go wrong, like uninstall, reinstall, update your drivers, close anti-virus and firewall etc.

Get back to them, state that you have carried out all their instructions but it still does not work. I think it is a bug that will need R & D to fix.

Just to put your point across, tell them that other users are experiencing exactly the same problem

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still No joy as off yet .. It would appear at present they dont feel its abug but more mu computer settings!

Seems funny 2 people having the same issue on such a new piece of software

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'll get this posting looked at on Monday. I'll also, if I get 5 minutes take a look at PP5 - play around with it etc. I'm rather busy..

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2008 07:49

Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've tried everything they proposed but still not working.
I agree with Jason they think my computersettings are the cause of all the problems.

I hope they come up with a real solution.
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I have another respoonce this morning |Eric.. There now blaming my computers memory, but giving no other real solution .. I am now getting very aggitated with this whole process!.

I would be happy just to get a link to version 4 a more STABLE program just so ican get my project finished

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2008 04:50

Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I have had another responce and i am now even more confused..

My Hard drive is in 2 partitions Drive c (back up ) and drive I for my windows OS and programs.. Why would the size of My C drive affect the installation of version 5 when I can install veriosn 4 Without any trouble!

Dear Jason,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink E-mail Customer Support.

In regards to your concern related with installation of PowerProducer software.

**Note**: You will never be able to install PowerProducer software with 13.5 MB of free space under C: Drive.

Please check the minimum system requirement from the link below:

poprequire_3_ENU.html

So, again and again, i am repeating it that you need enough free space as mention in the previous continue e-mail.

Kindly contact your Computer Hardware manufacturer to guide you better. [b]
Erik [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 17, 2008 07:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear all,

I also just bought and installed new powerproducer v5 ultra (upgrade).
No luck, refuses to run with similar error messages. Tried on another computer, same problem. The installation procedure never asked to put the activiation key. The other programmes coming with it are running.
Tried eveything (reinstall, disable antivirus/firewall, etc etc) but nothing helps.

Hope Cyberlink comes with a REAL solution.

Erik.
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow.. another user who is habing the same issue , lets hope Dafydd can come up trumps with some answers fo us soon or cyberlink will admit its a software problem and not to do with our settings.

Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
For me it's clear. It is a software problem and not our PC settings.
No response of cyberlink since saturday. I think or better I hope that someone is working on it.
Unbelievable that they sell things like this. Don't they test it before putting it on the web. You can't say that this is a minor problem.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'm onto this issue.... I'll post as soon as I have data.

Can you PM me your email addresses in case I have to send you a file etc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2008 10:15

MMan [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 15, 2008 17:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here , appcrash in htlmskin.dll .
Tried it on windowsXP 32 and Vista 64 but it just won't start .
Had two mails back from technical support but nothing helps .

MMan
Jan [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 17, 2008 12:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have exatly same problem. I have little problem with ver 4. So i think it should be better then i bought ver 5. But no i cant start the program.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok... I cant get the info back any quicker. No need for any Me-to postings until I've got something else to post. All it does is fill my inbox!

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2008 13:27

Joao [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 18, 2006 07:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also just bought and installed new powerproducer v5 ultra (upgrade from v 3.2)... and just the same problem. I Try with XP pro SP2, Vista Premium and Win 2000 Pro. All my drivers are updated, I have enought space on HD (60 GB free).
Reply to this topic