Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly, I can no longer import MP3s into existing projects.
[Post New]
I've been editing daily for weeks now and haven't had any real issues with anything. As recently as just last night (about 12 hours ago) I imported MP3s into a project. Now, just 12 hours later, PD11 freezes when I attempt an import. I have to kill the process in task manager to get out of it.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
432 time(s)
PowerDirector Ultra 11 always up-to-date
Serial# VDE130812-01
Anti-virus: Windows Defender
No codec packs
No other video editing program
No burning software
Other applications are closed when using PD
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the Cyberlink Forum. Thank you for posting your dxdiag file. I am afraid that I have to inform you that you will not have much joy video editing on your laptop. Here is the link to PD11 Deluxe requirements, which is the least demanding on your computer, but also doesn't have all of the features of the higher end PD video packages:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-deluxe/specs_en_CA.html

You are running Vista, which has been reported not to play nicely with PD11 and other PD versions. You have only 2 GB of RAM and a minimal CPU. You have no dedicated video RAM and a video driver that is over four years old. Your free hard disk space on C:\ is limited, though you should be fine if you are editing SD footage.

I suspect is what has happened is that as your project "grew", it exceeded what your computer resources could handle and so now it can no longer load the larger project file. Some folks here with marginal computers do their projects in small pieces, render each piece, and then assemble the rendered pieces into a final project and produce or burn that. That will lessen the strain on your computer. You should enable shadow files, if you have not already done so, and allow them the time to generate.

Personally, if I were you and were going to get into serious video editing, I would replace that computer with one that has the horsepower to handle video editing, which is the most resource-intensive thing that you can ask a computer to do.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Quote: I've been editing daily for weeks now and haven't had any real issues with anything. As recently as just last night (about 12 hours ago) I imported MP3s into a project. Now, just 12 hours later, PD11 freezes when I attempt an import. I have to kill the process in task manager to get out of it.

Have you ever tried again, it happens here too sometimes, for mysterious reasons, I return to the project and makes normal.
Hopefully next PD11 patch fix this and other bugs. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate