CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► PhD Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
Débordé [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 04, 2010 17:25 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
A couple of thing missing (I don't know if I should send that to support instead)
* Email pictures.
* Hotkey for pan,
* Hotkey to return to the last used tool after pan/zoom (usefull with edit, effects)
• Have a zoom value in photo composer.
• Zoom in photo composer
• Easier proces in photo composer.
• Color picker in effects.
• When exporting pictures to be able to choose a folder destination.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 19:22

[Post New]
Hello Débordé,

It's perfectly OK to post suggestions in the forum. In fact, you might inspire other members to do the same.

Even though PhD4 hasn't been out for long, I'm sure CL is always looking for ways to make the software meet users' needs.

Your suggestions are good. I find the process of switching between zoom, pan (hand) & editing tool very cumbersome too, & would welcome a hotkey or quicker way to switch between each mode.

Zoom value in Photo Composer? By that, do you mean a % value? Zoom by 200%?

Another workflow suggestion for photo composer would be the ability to re-order elements/layers. Currently, the last image imported is "on top" and that's how it stays.

With the background removal tool, I'd like to see the ability to feather the edge (with a sliding level) - it would give images a more "natural" look when inserted in other photos.

Keep the suggestions coming.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2013 15:35

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Private Message Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
You do know that pressing the "F" key almost anywhere switches from full screen back to the previous mode, right?

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Débordé [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, another suggestion would be when importing it import also video from the memory card. I realise it dose not do it. Erasing it would have been fatal.
[Post New]
Hello Débordé,

PhotoDirector "imports" your photos into a project. This is not a physical import. PhD just retains the file path to your originals.

Incompatible media, like video & audio clips, would not appear in the import dialogue.

PhD does not erase or interfere with ANY original media.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2013 16:01

PIX YouTube channel
Débordé [Avatar]
[Post New]
What I mean is I use PD to import from my camera. But if I forget that PD dose not import my video (only my pictures) on my comptuer and after importing on my camera I format my card. I loose my video. So a import video too, would be welcome. So I don't have to think about it.
But video don't have to show in PhotoDirector.
[Post New]
Deborde, perhaps this helps?

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=11702&prodId=211&prodVerId=-1 ~Tom~
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4579 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What I mean is I use PD to import from my camera. But if I forget that PD dose not import my video (only my pictures) on my comptuer and after importing on my camera I format my card. I loose my video. So a import video too, would be welcome. So I don't have to think about it.
But video don't have to show in PhotoDirector.

There is software that will recover the images and videos from your memory card as long as you have not overwritten them. Use Google for that or go to c/net to find one.

I used one to recover images from a memory card that had been removed while it was being written to. Only one image was lost. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Alphamale [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2013 10:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Pix, I agree with you 100%, that we should be able to re-order layers and/or elements, bringing some layer into the foreground at will. Also, the ability to hide a layer when needed without really removing it from the composition would be nice.

I would also like to see a "dust and scratch" remover function for images that are scanned into your hard drive.

Some other suggestions include "Cloning" and "Healing" brushes and the ability to chain edit functions into one-button-push macros via a record action function similar to what Adobe uses.
[Post New]
Good suggestions, Alphamale.

Though PhotoDirector doesn't have all those features, I have used it quite extensively to "repair" old scanned photos that are scratched &/or grainy. Admittedly, a very time consuming task using Smart Patch/Wrinkle remover (similar tools) & Skin Smoother to soften the patches.

Just one example...

Members,

I'll make this thread sticky, so it remains at the top. Please feel free to add suggestions for improvements to PhotoDirector & I'll make sure that our ideas are promoted with the R&D team.

PIX
 Filename
Repair.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
160 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1948 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 19:18

PIX YouTube channel
Alphamale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Negative image function for 35mm slides/negatives that are scanned into computer. I know that some scanners that come with slide holders and feature this sort of thing, also come with their own software that will convert these negatives once they're scanned in. And transform function (free and scale). Oh, and one more thing I can think of at the moment, how about a "color matching" or color tone matching" tool that will blend together pasted images within a composition. Usually, pasted images will have different white balance settings or color tone settings and the total composition looks "remedial" unless you have a tool that copies the WB and color settings of one image and applies it to another image.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2013 11:59

[Post New]
As mentioned in another thread, let's have the ability to 'flip or invert' an image to get a mirror copy of it.

Let's have a 'save as' function located in the File drop down menu so that no matter what you have done in PD4 or where you are working inside of it, you can always have a 'Save As' button in the File drop down. ~Tom~
Alphamale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's a thought. How about a colorizer for B&W photos? Maybe it wouldn't do a super fantastic job of guessing what the color was, but it would be cool to try and add color to some very old photos just to see what it would look like.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX

PhD has the ability to export a generated PNG file. Why can't it import them? Doesn't make sense

I believe the has been mentioned before by various members

So; the ability to IMPORT PNG files.

Happy editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2013 22:28

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

อภัย [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 19, 2013 11:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Although PhotoDirector shows great future promise, it presently is lacking the power of already existing photo editors. It isn’t worth the price now, but has promising potential, especially with its integration into PowerDirector 11. It has a great feature to be able to edit out small undesirable portions of a picture.

But alas, Version 4 is lacking:
1) A photo image enhancer to make somewhat blurry pictures sharper and clearer
2) A 100% “full screen” preview image instead of its current “cop-out” 80% approximation. Compare “full screen” in PowerDirector 11, and there are no Cyberlink icons or the Microsoft menu bar at the bottom. You see exactly what you are going to get to the very edge of the monitor.
3) There is no obvious “sort” for the browser panel. 1500 pictures imported based on a sort on Title get mixed up. I believe it is possible to select the sort sequence before importing, but Lord help you if you change your mind later. There is no reference to “browser sort” or even “sort” in the help files. The usual option at any time to sort by Date, Title (ascending or descending), Color, Rating, or Import Order is missing.
4) Even “find” doesn‘t return photos into the browser in a reasonable sort order. It returned 12 out of 1500 in non-alpha order.

I’m sure there is more missing, but I stopped at this point and have decided not to buy now, maybe later. This is the first time, ever, that I have downloaded a trial version and found so many issues. I suspect the economic "rush to publish" impluse overwhelmed a reasonable beta version.
Débordé [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here some new one.
I use alot Crop and rotate. I would like PD to remember my last setting I used ex: to have the lock off at all time.
Make a toolbar above with favorite tools, so I don't have to click many places to do my crops.
Batch crop.
When exporting, make it so the exported folder open right after the export. Save alot of time.
Sometime I like a picture and I will create many pincutre out of one. So I would like to have a multiple SAVE-AS, so I can choose to save as ex: 5 copie of a picture.
When resize picture, make it so you can hold ctrl and it will resize from the center (both sides at same time)
When resizing pictures, make is so I press Return, it dose the same as clicking on DONE. Cause there is too much click there and there all the time.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2013 21:53

Débordé [Avatar]
[Post New]
All exported photo appear sideway (those that I took sideway) while in PD are showing standing. When I export and email, people complain.
[Post New]
Hello Débordé,

Please see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28216.page#154417

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Hotkey for "Add Face Tag". Ctrl+F would be good. And it would really be great if the frame was started at the mouse location.
[Post New]
Fix the crop function so that it can crop the picture all the way from top to bottom instead of stopping at 80%.

Make it so that when the program opens it has a clean slate instead of always starting up with what was worked on last. I prefer to have a clean slate and then if needed, open a project file.

For the umpteenth time, and please let's get it done already Cyberlink, make simple Save As button instead of the convoluted Export functions. ~Tom~
Reply to this topic