Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No sound when editing..
10 RAMS KEITH
Newbie Location: OHIO Joined: Jul 12, 2010 20:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everybody . Im trying to edit some video with some music, and for some the sound bars stop working. I thought maybe it was the music clip itself but tried several others and still nothing. The sound does work in the preview but not when editing. I'v recently had some issues with my NVidia graphics card but got that fixed. It seems the sound problem started shortly after that. I don't know if the two are related or not. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everybody!! Dell XPS 850, Win 8, 64 bitOPS, intel i7 3770 cpu @ 3.40 Ghz x2, 12gb Ram, NiVidia Ge Force 640 Sony HDR-CX150 http://www.youtube.com/user/bigbuff74
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Keith,
For editors to help you please provide some additional information.
1. What is the file extension of the audio file?
2. Please provide a screenshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu?
3. Please provide Diagnostic files of your computer - helps members a great deal to have all the information about your PC.

See guide, Part A, B, E & F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Dafydd
Rosario56 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Jan 23, 2012 04:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hallo all, I have a similar problem:

I'm trying to use Smart Sound music with PD10 Ultimate, I had never used it till now.
I chose the musical clip, then I put it on the timeline, it's OK, it works, then I drag it to adjust his duration
on the timeline and the clip no longer works!! I' ve contacted Smart Sound support , I've uninstalled and reinstalled
Smart Sound and Power Director 10 with no results. I've contacted PD support with 2 mails with no answers....
My PC is an i7 Sandy Bridge with chipset b3, 8 Gb ram cl7, 2 Tb WD Hdds Asus GTX460, W7 64.
I've upgraded the software till the last 2231 version.
It seems like the software don't resets-recalculate the music when the clip is dragged and when edit. If I change the
project aspect from 4:3 to 16:9 and vice versa the clip becomes again udible. I work on 4:3 projects to copy in DVD format my old SVHS tapes captured in DV avi By Canopus ADVC 300 (pal system)
excuse me for my english I live in Italy.
Wait for Your advices, thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I just experienced the same issue yesterday. I added one smart sound and it was OK; added a second and then did a preview just prior to the second audio clip and the first one disappeared. when i encoded and burned a AVCHD did, the audio was there in the right spot and the right length.

I have no idea why it worked that way. I did save and then reopen the project, closed PD and opened it but the audio was not there. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.