Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The PowerDVD Upgrade Game?
myangeldust [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2011 20:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When my Dell came with PowerDVD 9.x I came across an issue where it wasn't playing some discs or would stop functioning within Windows Media Center (WMC). When I would run it on it's own (in Windows 7) it would notify me of an upgrade to version 11. So reluctantly I bought and installed the upgrade and it worked... up to now. Currently PowerDVD 11 is having trouble displaying menus between episodes and video inserts on the main menu. At one point it would not run at all. When I ran it outside of WMC it notified me of an upgrade to version 12.

So my question to Cyberlink and fellow app users is: does PowerDVD have some expiration date where it stops behaving nice in order to get users to purchase the next version?

I'll probably make the purchase because this Dell is all I have to watch movies on disc, I simply want to know if a $30 annual "subscription" is something I should expect from now on.

Thanks,
Angel
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to contact our Support team about the issues you face

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
user01789 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
myangeldust ---While I can't answer your main question-Macgo has a windows version-It is a newer application, so lacks fancyness