Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial Version PD11 vs. PD8
txnative [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2012 17:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I currently use PD8, but would like to install the trail version of PD11.

Can I edit/produce my earlier PD8 projects with the PD11?

If not and I decide to purchase PD11, can I run PD8 and PD11 both on the same computer?

Thank you in advance...
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Not positive but I had PD10 Ultra and Pd11 Ultimate on sames system with no problems, but not sure about 8. On the trial versions some things are omitted AVchd and some others I believe.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can I edit/produce my earlier PD8 projects with the PD11?

For me I've noticed it depends what I did in the timeline. Most of the time it's about 90+% correct. One thing that has tripped it up are slideshows when a default method was used, it often plays but it's not exactly the same so if you had some timing in other tracks with music or such it may need to be adjusted again. Sometimes I've even had a different pic order. When a very simple timeline, it has read fine. Obviously, what you do in PD11 can not go back to PD8 easily.

Jeff
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
PD11 can probably use the old project files, there may some items in the older pds files that are not in the PD 11 program. Some Titles and Transitions are not the same.

If you do edit you old projects in PD11, you will not be able to open the PD11 project file in the older Powerdirector.

Newer Powerdirector's can open older project files but older Powerdirectors can not open projects made in new Powerdirector's.

PD11 will open PD 10 and below projects. Not the other way, PD 10 and older can not open PD 11 projects.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.