Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't use Content Aware
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Unless I'm doing something wrong, PD11 Content Aware is messing up the sync of audio and video. I merely accept the fix for shaky video (which is the last third of the clip) and the audio sync is off from the beginning as I play it. This makes this new feature useless!

What am I doing wrong?

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Update: I've determined that the "Poor Lighting" feature in Content Aware causes the problem. Much of the "Shaky Video" overlapped the Poor Lighting area. Now I see that anytime I fix the Poor Lighting, my audio moves seconds earlier compared to the person speaking in the video. But the length of the audio track has not changed under the video, nor has it moved to the left as I would expect.

Also, when I tried to Render Preview of this clip, not only did the green bar show up above, the green bar showed up over the next video clip - but this time it was only in one-second pieces separated by 4-seconds each. When I played that part, the video blanked out each time it reached one of the short green bars. This seems to relate to the transitions of the 4-second still images above the video clip.

Then when I subsequently select the video clip, i PD complains about the video clip being unreadable and the sound goes away, video still playing. This has got to be a bug. Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I think what you did wrong is use "content aware" in the first place. Another company has had content aware for several years, and I've never found it effective and just completely avoid it. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
You may be right. But in this project I'm using 12 disks of video clips, from a friend who was on this trip, (along with 1000s of my stills) requires a lot of image stabilization. Content Aware is pointing out where the jittery stuff is in each clip and is correcting it nicely without me have to guess what level to set it as. I'll just set the lighting adjustment manually later with hints as to where Content Aware found the need for adjustment. Too bad all these new features aren't tested out in Betas on people like me who stress the software with most of the features used at one time. It would save them the embarrassment of stumbling with what is really a good product overall. I still love PowerDirector! Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You may be right. But in this project I'm using 12 disks of video clips, from a friend who was on this trip, (along with 1000s of my stills) requires a lot of image stabilization. Content Aware is pointing out where the jittery stuff is in each clip and is correcting it nicely without me have to guess what level to set it as. I'll just set the lighting adjustment manually later with hints as to where Content Aware found the need for adjustment. Too bad all these new features aren't tested out in Betas on people like me who stress the software with most of the features used at one time. It would save them the embarrassment of stumbling with what is really a good product overall. I still love PowerDirector!

Beta testing never finds everything. Not everything that beta testing finds is fixed in the released product. You say you stress the software, which I don't question for one moment; but it would be pretty difficult to solicit people who would stress a particular as-yet-unrevealed feature. Jerry Schwartz
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Watercolorwilly,

When testing the beta versions of PD11 I ran several tests with content aware and what you found I can confirm : it works well the way you are using it. But it does not do so well when it finds multiple issues with a portion of a clip. In addition it becomes a PC hog because of all the number crunching that has to be done in order to "analyze" the clip when multiple issues are present.

As long as you know what video defects you're looking for it's good for that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2012 20:34

Win 10, i7