Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems after moving my Windows User Profiles...
GazzaT63 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 20, 2012 08:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am running PD10 on Windows 7 and intend moving the operating system and selected programs over to a Solid State Drive. I have limited space and so I elected to move my Windows User Profile onto a different hard drive. This has produced two immediate problems.

1. I have tried to open a current project within PD10 but seem unable to advise the program where the video files now reside, so I am left with blank video footage on the timeline. I have right clicked hoping for an option there but this problem does not seem to be covered in the help files, faq's or tutorials.

2. In spite of the fact that PD10 still displays me as signed in to Director Zone, none of the links are working. When I click on the forum link, for example, an error dialog box advises me that I do not have a browser installed on my pc.

I am assuming that this is because the program stored shortcut locations for information when I installed it, some of which was located in my Windows User profile and it can no longer locate it.

I wanted to run PD10 on the new, faster solid state drive that my OS will reside on but I can't allow it to store masses of video into local folders as well. I am hoping that I will be able to do this but I have noticed that since I have opened PD10, it seems to have rebuilt some elements of the Windows User folder I had previously moved and deleted from the system drive. So, three questions.

1. Is there a way for me to 'repair' this information so that PD10 can find all of the necesary files it needs without reinstalling?

2. Is there a way for me to have my current project look for the video/multimedia content in a different location on the PC so that I no longer have blank video clips on the timeline?

3. Can I have PD10 set up so that it will only create new files or folders on a seperate drive/volume location, dictated by me or does the program only allow for creating files on the same volume?

I haven't posted system details as I think this question is quite general and applys to any Windows 7 install. However, if you do need more, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

GazzaT