Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New 4k GoPro
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Within a few hours of posting this, GoPro is supposed to announce a new camera that looks like it will shoot 4k video at 15 fps. I am planning a computer upgrade, but my current system can not handle 4k, so if there are any early adopters out there, I would be interested in quality and compatibility with PowerDirector.

Part 2: What is the common frame rate for 4k video? I would think that 24 fps would be a little better. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I just read that Hero3 will shoot 2.7K at 30FPS. ~Tom~
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
They just put the specs up and it will do 2.7k at 30 fps. The frame sizes are a little different than PD produce profiles, so it may take a custom profile to match it to the source video. the 2.7k is probably closer to what I need anyways. Can't wait to play with one. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
The video looks great from the GoPro 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PDXmYoF5U&feature=player_embedded Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
That was an unbelievable video viewed on a 1920x1080 monitor...the camera ain't here in Canada yet...
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
jsycrf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2012 21:16 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Will be available from Monday apparently but will be extremely hard to get hold of at first I should think.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Yes Bestbuy here in Canada has them advertised on there website..now don't know if it for online only tho'..
I was wondering if the Go Pro 3 still gives the 'fisheye' look, I bought one go pro a year or so ago but had the fisheye aspect and I didn't like that so I took it back.
I like the quality of the video but at 68 years old I mainly do videos of grand children events and not athletic stuff.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
jsycrf [Avatar]
[Post New]
The new GOPRO 3 does still have a bit of the fish eye look. They have left this in as it is their signature. They are great for action sports and putting them in situations other cameras fear to tread but as an everyday camera there are probably better choices.

That is not to that they are not awesome as they are.
James Dotson
[Post New]
To reduce the fish eye look you can change the field of view. I could be wrong, but I believe one of the new programs from CyberLink will also help. Seems there was something in the introduction video just as PD11 was released. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I watched the promo video linked. It’s obviously a great camera for younger people
engaged in extreme sports or action activities.
(I believe that's what was essentially promoted.)

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
And to view 4K you will need a monitor/TV starting at about 20K if you can find one.... reminds me of BD/HD DVD, best to sit on the side lines for this one, recording not so hard, playback near impossible at this time. Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
James Dotson
[Post New]
That particular model is marketed to the professional movie maker. The GoPro was originally for surfers, but you would be amazed at where you will find it now. News organization, even theater productions have used them. My interest was in the ability to use the 2k/4k feature in PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jsycrf [Avatar]
[Post New]
The HD2 was even used in one of George Lucas' film last year (Red Wings in think it was). A lot of UK tv companies use them for when a normal camera is too big or they want multiple angles. So cheap for them to buy lots of them and put them all over the place.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I will most likely buy one around February 2013. I have two of the frist GoPro HD. I didn't move up to the GoPro 2. I use them to shoot video from my motorcycle. Winter will be here in Indiana before long. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
The 4K specs are actually 12fps, the reason being the processor is not fast enough to produce video at any higher fps.

I posted in another thread that I did some testing in PD11 producing one of my new gopro videos shot at 35mbps to 4K and all the cores/threads in my i7 cpu pegged at 100% and 5.9 gig of my 6gig of ram used. I will wait till the Nvidia driver issue is fixed to see if I can do better using my 2 GTX-460 video cards. If not I will also wait on the sidelines for a while. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the GoPro Hero 3 Silver as the black edition is not available yet, but the Hero silver does a pretty good job
I test it here and also the Panasonic Ag-HMC 40 camera which I have been using
I am using the PD11 software and have no problem with editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDVRZuTHYY&list=FLh3MlFHZd0FOMuyuGMr-HOA&index=1&feature=plcp Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
Michael8511
[Post New]
Looks great. Was that a shot with the new GoPro 3 when you where on the boot at near the end and the sun shining in front of you? Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it was shot with the new GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition. Yes the end of the video was shot with the GoPro with the sun in our eyes.
I wanted to buy the Hero 3 Black Edition but it was not available yet. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
James Dotson
[Post New]
Quote:
I wanted to buy the Hero 3 Black Edition but it was not available yet.

The unfortunate side of GoPro. New products are always late to market. nice video, anyways __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
erricx [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tampa, FL Joined: Mar 04, 2013 16:27 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Im using PD11 and when i add an mp4 file from my GoPro 3 to my timeline and an mp3 music file below it, they are in sync in the timeline, but after I produce it they are out of sync as you move further through the produced mpeg video. Any ideas? or experience with this?