Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Data CD-R hangs at "writing session information"
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
The title says it all: I'm trying to copy eight file, a total of 664 MB, to a CD-R. Power2Go 8 is hanging at the "Writing session information" stage. It says it has one second to go, but all it seems to be doing is keeping the drive spinning.

This happened to me once before, and I have to shut my system down to get the drive back.

The drive is an HP DVD Write 1270t CH23, running at 48x.

I have buffer under-run protection turned on.

Any suggestions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2012 20:07

Jerry Schwartz
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check the welcome thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17720.page#90314

and help to post as many info as possible.

Please ensure your media's capacity matches the content

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for getting back to me, Michael. I didn't post a lot of information because I just wanted to know if this was a common problem with Power2Go 8.

I checked around on the HP web site (and others), and it seems this is a problem with this particular model of DVD writer.

Given that, I don't think there's much point in pursuing this issue here. If I get tired of making coasters, I'll buy a new drive.

Thanks again. Jerry Schwartz