Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TV Format Conflict
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Why do I get the following message everytime a place a clip on the timeline:

"The frame rate of the file you imported (29.97fps) does not match with current project frame rate setting (29.97fps), so the quality may be degraded. It is highly recommended that you use only video clips with the same frame rate in a project"

Read carefully.. the imported frame rate IS the same as the project setting.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. What type of clips are you using? Can you attach a short sample for others to test? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
I find it is best to turn off the prompts for file and TV in preferences 'confirmation' to not turn off will send you grey before you time.

By example in the capture module I can capture HD TV from a card in my computer, because it's HD it captures at 50fps pal is normally 25fps, I can't alter the TV capture to say 25fps as the format is DTV Mpeg2 50fps.

So as my project is normally 25fps I get the warning, but if I changed the project to 50fps then I get the warning if I add standard PAL video at 25fps.

Now as all clips are going to be rendered into a final format I don't think it is a big issue PD does a good job of normalising everything.

Still your post could prompt a bug report.

David

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2012 23:59

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bjtap1,
Please provide a sample file, 5 seconds long direct from source (unedited). Attach here. Members can then check and confirm your findings or advise otherwise.
Dafydd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/24714.page
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
The original problem seems to have stopped. It did happen on DV and HDV clips but no more. Don't know why. It was more an annoyance than anything else. I was concerned about the a degradation the warning message declared could happen with a mismatch.
Thanks for those who replied.
Barry