Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
synchronizing multiple clips
Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
A week ago, I recorded a 1 hour recital using 3 cameras. There was an intermission also.

Two of the cameras are DSLRs so there are interruptions in the clips.
The third is a camcorder, which records continuously, but it has a 2GB file limit so I ended up with multiple clips.

I ended up with about 15 clips total which all needed to be synchronized to each other on 3 separate AV tracks.

This turned out to be an extremely painful job. It took me over 10 hours. My wrist still hurts.

I upgraded to PD10 finally. The "beat detection" feature was completely useless. The beats between the various clips do not line up at all.

The only way to sync was to manually line up the waveforms visually.
This is not a process I really wish to ever repeat again.

Is there any chance that a future version of PD will include a clip synchronization feature ?
This appears to be a feature of Final Cut (for Mac, and I use PC) or Adobe Premiere Pro (very pricey).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmhd5hSUEkU
http://vimeo.com/28972315
MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The only answer I can give you is that they usually do not announce future plans, so we will not know until it is released, but I think this is not likely any time in the near future. Just my opinion, of course. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM