CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tech support sucks!!
Brandon [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 31, 2006 12:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
can someone help me my power producer wont write my mpeg files that i have to dvd. it will start and then after about an hour it will stop and it will say error occured and i have to restart my hole project
plz help

I dont know what to do. Tech Support says that my burner may not be compatible but this software came with my computer INSTALLED!!

Why would this be on my laptop if it was not supported??

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't think CyberLink Techs deserve that remark in the subject heading (Re:Tech support sucks!!) - they do a good job and get a lot of hassle!

At the moment I don't have PP3 loaded on this computer so I cant immediately assist you.

I dont know what to do. Tech Support says that my burner may not be compatible but this software came with my computer INSTALLED!!

Why would this be on my laptop if it was not supported??

I'd listen to what the Techie has told you. Go back to the supplier of your computer and ask a few pointed questions. This doesn't mean the CL techie is right.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2006 08:30

Bert [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: CANADA Joined: Sep 13, 2006 18:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'll try to help you out (seeing as Cyberlink can't). I have Power Producer 3 and Power Director 5. My Power Producer often hangs up, and there is only one bit of advice I can share that I noticed helps sometimes Two things you must do.

First off, no matter how much videos you edited or prepared in your sitting, DEFRAG the drive that contains your videos (you may also want to check if the other drives need defragmenting). The second thing to do is to reboot your computer. This seems to clear the cache and helps the program flow better (so it seems).

Other times it may be necessary to just re-start your project from scratch, because this program has many little irritants, that just won't go away sometimes. I had to do this today, myself, as ONCE again PowerProducer got to 17%, then froze. I had to re-start the project, and then it worked. Too bad Cyberlink doesn't keep on top of it's programs and offer Patch fixes to repair all it's problems. If they did it would probably be one of the TOP video editing programs out there.

Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes.

...Good Luck Let's go...snap snap....smokes
Martinez [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 02, 2006 09:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello... i encountered the same problem that you are currently having... found that i called the support of my computer and found that they just had to reinstall the program... sometimes programs are not put into a computer correctly... if you know a bit about the computer, try to find out if you are able to complete an application recovery for the program... hope that works
rocky [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 06, 2013 10:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
They do have the worst tech support! They are evading my issue with PowerDirecto 9 Wave Editor not reinstalling. I send in a ticket...a day later I get anything but an answer. The last response said i could pay for phone support if I wanted.
rocky [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 06, 2013 10:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I should also say that the back and forth has gone one four days like this.
jamestroy [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 25, 2013 09:30 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Not all tickets/issues will be fix quickly, this is just what I believe. Probably just give them time and all support team really strive their best to help a customer out.
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 28, 2015 18:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Totally agree, bought it. Put one bluray in my player and only errors.
Then afterwards tried one DVD and nothings happend.
F*** this c***, payed much money for it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2015 10:58

[Post New]
Jim,

This is a VEY old thread. I understand your frustration but (a) the language was inappropriate & (b) it's best to start a new thread if you're serious about getting help to resolve your issue.

PIX

Sorry it was necessary to edit your post. Memebers may have been offended. PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel