CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD advisor fails. HW exceeds minimum reqs. Triple monitor. WTH?
Reply to this topic
artvega [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 11, 2012 19:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I see that some others have the same problem but I don't see a fix for that...

I have a PC that exceeds all the minimum reqs and the BD advisor says that the "Graphics Card: AMD ATI Radeon HD 6800 series" did not pass (I have a 6850 model). All other tests in the basic are "Pass" including video connection type.

On the Advanced tab, all the Hardware dual video decoding capabilities say "None" (No Pass).

The BD advisor is version v2.0.3226.0

My HW specs are :
AMD FX 8120 8 core processor 3100 Mhz
8 Gb RAM
AMD ATI Radeon HD 6850
Creative X-Fi soundcard
Triple Monitor setup with full HD Acer monitors, one is connected using the DVI to HDMI cable, one is HDMI to HDMI and the other one is using the mini DV with Active adapter display to HDMI cable. I don't want to display the movie on 3 monitors, of course. Only on one.
I'm using W7.
I have a Samsung BD that came with PowerDVD9.

The strange thing here is that I HAD already played a BD on my computer recently. But then when I tried again last week I couldn't get it to work and then I had to download this advisor which I didn't have before and I got these error messages.

So, my PC is fully capable, what is wrong? it sucks that having the right hardware, the software cannot play it.

I hope I can get an answer soon.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact the technical support team about your issue to get technical support.

as far as I know thelatest AMD VGA are not implemented into the Advisor database.

if you encounter playback problems you may try:
1. connect only one display
2. disable x-fire (if any)

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
artvega [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi.

I have already tried disconnecting the 2 extra monitors and just using one, the one that originally had connected and where I had already been able to watch a BD. No success.

I have no cross fire setup.

Any other alternative? I spent quite a good amount of USD to be able to watch BDs on my PC and it´s quite annoying not being able to do that for an unreasonable situation SW related.

Thanks.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check this posting and answer as many questions as possible.

for technical support - please get in contact with our Support team

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
artvega [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Several months later after fixing this problem by connecting all 3 monitors using DVI cables, now I have another problem. I had to do a complete W7 reinstall and now BD advisor is saying that the graphics card does not pass the test. I'm using the same card as before, with the most updated drivers, so I'm wondering what could be the problem this time. All the other tests are OK.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Arturo
Reply to this topic