Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 12 update 1618.54 DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!
dc8flyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2011 19:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Do not update your PDVD 12 with this new build!

I downloaded it this morning and much to my surprise it turned my purchased PDVD 12 Ultra into a trial version that ends in 30 days.

My records show I upgraded and paid for the PDVD 12 U;tra back in February and I had updated to the previos build 15xx without any issue, but this update will turn your purchased product into a 30 day trial.

Very upset to see at the end of the download telling me my trial version ends in 30 days and to buy my product again for 49 plus dollars!

DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEW BUILD 1618.54!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please post your Version you have installed previously?

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had PDVD 10 Ultra and purchased the upgrade to PDD 12 Ultra in March 2012. (see attached snipping) Since then I updated PDVD 12 Ultra build to the 1514. This morning I noticed the new build 1618 and after downloading it it turned my purchased upgrade into a trial version.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
455 time(s)
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is my registration after Cyberlink turned my product into a trial version.

[Thumb - Capture 2.PNG]
 Filename
Capture 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
168 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
462 time(s)
[Post New]
What the hell is going on???

I have also purchased the PDVD 12 upgrade when it was released. I have just applied the update and mine also is now saying it's a trial version.
I also get this pop up when I open PDVD 12. (pic enclosed)

Also the problem with the player cutting off the top of video files has not been fixed. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22454.page

I'd really like a refund as this program is garbage in it's current state. I won't bother asking as they'll say no and that it will be fixed. (I'm guessing around July 2015)
[Thumb - pdvd 12 trial nonsense.JPG]
 Filename
pdvd 12 trial nonsense.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
430 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 10. 2012 12:41

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I think you need to open a support ticket here so customer service could just manually activate this for you.
bobmitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2012 13:49 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
It did the same thing to me. I updated to 1618 and now my PowerDVD12 Ultra became a trial version. In addition, 3D is broken. I uninstalled PowerDVD and then reinstalled my original version and went back to 1514 and everything works. This new 1618 is flat out nasty and broken. Much agree...DO NOT DOWNLOAD!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
sorry for the inconvenience - we are investigating why a wrong file is distributed.

please roll back to the previous version and stay tuned for a fix.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
How do you roll back?

Personally I would like to uninstall all cyberlink programs and then reinstall the PDVD 12 ultra I purchased. I'm only concerned that if I do it that way would I lose my preferences and have to go thru reseting everything again?

Why is the link for the 1618 update still available for download?

bobmitch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I uninstalled PowerDVD12 Ultra. When it asked me to save settings...told it NO. Then did the uninstall. I have my original installer (first version) and installed it. Then ran the 1514 updater (still available)...now I am running 12.0.1514 and everything works again.
[Post New]
Ridiculous!!
Can't roll back so will have to uninstall then reinstall.

Now here comes the biggest problem due to Cyberlink's unique and frankly retarded install system I have install v8 then v10 upgrade, then v11upgrade and then v12 upgrade.

Why can't Cyberlink give us a full installer when we upgrade? I now have to waste about 2 hours because of their mistake and told the solution is to 'Roll back'

Cyberlink please change your install procedure!!! Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone know HOW to roll back?

If I chose to completely uninstall and reinstall, how do I do that since I do not have the program saved anywhere?
bobmitch [Avatar]
[Post New]
When you uninstall...you will be given the option to save your settings. Just choose YES and when you reinstall...it will already be set up. Only thing you might need to do is put your activation code in and re-activate. Other than that...you should be good to go.

Cyberlink...please fix the new version. It is causing havoc!~
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but my question still remains.

Where do you go to reinstall. saying just reinstall doesn't provide me with a link or access to cyberlink with the proper authority.
bobmitch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Control panel...Programs and features. Then choose Cyberlink PowerDVD12 Ultra and hit the uninstall button. That's pretty much it. No need for authority or the like. Do you have your original install file? If not, that is most likely when you may have to chat with Cyberlink support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2012 12:38

dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's correct, I mentioned I do not have the program saved anywhere so I can't just reinstall.

I have the old PDVD 10 Ultra but that still will not allow me to retrieve my PDVD 12 Ultra I purchased.

bobmitch [Avatar]
[Post New]
You should probably contact Cyberlink:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

They have been great with me. Put in a support ticket and they will most likely send you a link.
davidjuarezburgos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2012 04:48 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I cannot believe it.
Installed new patch 1618 and my license has just gone. Trial verion !!

Waiting this patch to solve DLNA issue and now TRIAL version. I cannot believe this kind of failures from a great company such as Cyberlink... Whats going on with pwdvd 12?

Waiting again for a solution ...
brgds
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm a bit disappoint that tech support on this forum as well as Cyberlink tech support have not addressed my issue.

I have not heard back from cyberlink and the link to the update is still active.

Cyberlink should be able to address my tech issue within a day.

I would like a link to download PDVD 12 Ultra, along with the option to download the extra software included when I first purchased the PDVD 12 Ultra upgrade.

If tech support on this site can not manage this, then please direct my request to Cyberlink for immediate consideration. At the very least take the link off your site.
dc8flyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
This will be my last Cyberlink purchase. This people are telling me to prove my claim by supplying information that was wiped out by the product update.

In my purchase history it clearly shows I purchased the PDVD12Ultra yet their own records are insufficient.

Complete incompetence.