Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Library Does not update, many files missing when browsing via DLNA
user807 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2012 20:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My library consists of 187 movies in one folder. When I use PS3 to browse using DLNA, only 3 movies appear.

Removing and adding the folder back to the library does not affect which movies appear in browsing from DLNA device.

I think the DLNA "store" is not working properly, is not refreshed properly, and does not allow browsing for all of the files in the library.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 06. 2012 23:15

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please ensure that the movies are located on a local HDD - exchangelable MEDIA and NAS media are not supported for DLNA sharing.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
user807 [Avatar]
[Post New]
it is D: drive -- a local HDD on the machine

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 07. 2012 08:46

[Post New]
I had a similar problem on one of my drives. I had 150 movies in the root directory . As soon as I put them into a folder on the same drive then PDVD could see them.
Not sure if you have the same thing but it took me a couple of days to work it out. Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
user807 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Craig. All of the files are in D:\Videos\Movies and that is what I have the library pointed to. Its the data drive on this machine. C: is a SSD on my system.
[Post New]
What I also did was to reset PDVD setting and let it run the libraries check again. I deleted the PowerDVd folder in Appdata.

On my machine (W7) it is located at C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\Cyberlink\PowerDVD12

When you do that you then have a choice when PDVd starts to automatically let PDVD pick up the windows libraries or you can define them yourself. Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
user807 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I just did that. All of the movies re-appear in the library, but only 3 appear when browsing the DLNA server from the PS3.

Interestingly, its the SAME 3 that only get listed. All of the movies on the drive can be played by ps3 from WMP.

There is a problem refreshing the DLNA database, even when the library is refreshed.
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
We might need a confirmation on this first. I haven't tried to explore DLNA.
user807 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Craig R's solution worked. I had to restart the PS3 after doing what he suggested, and it works now. Thanks Craig.