Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD12 ultra
Vampirovibrio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2012 11:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I just purchased PowerDVD 12 ultra upgrade where I upgraded from version 9 which was suppplied when I bought Sony BWU-500S Internal Blu-ray rewritable drive today. After I installed the version 9 as supplied, blu-ray discs does not play.. The powerdvd 9 launches and when I clikc on play button, nothing happens. It just sits there. So I thought maybe it's such an old version that it may not play with newer blu-ray discs. I thus upgraded to the version 12 ultra and installed it. Again, whne I clikc on play, nothing happens. No error messages no nothing. it just sits there staring back at me.

I have a Dell ST2410 monitor (HDMI HCDP compliant) with a Dell XPS 8300 with a AMD HD 6450 graphics card. I have tested out my hDMI cable as well as my monitor by connecting my monitor directly to a stand-alone blu-ray player and it is able to play any of my blu-ray discs with nil issues.Can anyone shed some light on this matter as it is extremely frustrating.

By the way, not only will power dvd 12 ultra not play blu-ray discs, it will not play DVD discs as well. I know the sony drive is working as I was able to install software with it.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check our Please readme thread

For technical assistance I recommend to contact the technical support team

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Vamp, looks like this issue needs to be replicated. Creating a trouble ticket would be the best option here I think.