Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 update will not work
softwarebug1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Not available Joined: Apr 11, 2012 12:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So I bought a Lenovo G770. It has Cyberlink's PowerDVD 10.

I popped in Darker than Black 2 Blu-Ray version and had this message stating I need to update the software. So I did. I download this update and everything looked like it was going to go well until this message pops up:

"PowerDVD 10 could not complete update because there was no internet connection."

I checked firewalls which none blocked, have no anti-virus software yet this software update continues and I cannot play any blu-ray discs.

Customer support is practically nonexistent with these guys and I am not willing to buy $30 to talk with them. Not available
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please let me know your case-ID

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2012 07:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i've had the same problem with my G570. When i contacted cyberlink i was told i had to contact lenovo as the software was bundled with it, but lenovo say that its cyberlink i need to speak to a it's their update that doesn't work - HELP!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2012 07:49

Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2012 07:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
and now my machine wont play blu rays that it would before!!!
flying205nutter [Avatar]
Newbie Location: uk Joined: Apr 19, 2012 09:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with my lenovo Z575 did anyone find a solution? The update fails saying there is a problem with my internet connection.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check our Must have read thread

If you encounter long waiting times at support, sorry - you may post me your Case ID, I will try to check the case with the CS team (but will not say that this will speed up the process)

thanks for your understanding

Werde Facebook Fan
GunSlinger7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 03:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I am having the same problem. There is no excuse for this. IF YOU CANT GET YOUR UPDATE TO WORK, AT LEAST LET YOUR CUSTOMERS WATCH THE MOVIES UNTIL YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT.
MelRe12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 08:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have also the same Problem with my Lenovo IdeaPad Z570. It would be great if someone has an answer.
[Post New]
Hi,
please check the must have read thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Please contact the customer support team about your issues and provide the needed information.

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
flying205nutter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Michael but info for the others the patches and reg cleaner don't fix this so don't waist your time. Also don't bother contacting the the customer support team as they will say its nothing to do with them contact Lenovo even though its cyberlink's patch that is messing things up. I gave up and installed the version 12 demo and use system restore after each use, not ideal but it will do until this is resolved.
[Post New]
Hi,
can you at least post the Version of the patch?
is it the patch from website or patch offered from application(via Pop-up)?

br

Werde Facebook Fan
flying205nutter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, I am using powerdvd 10.2904.52 version type BD - OEM 6ch+6ch upon trying to play a blue ray it pops up saying it needs to update, the update fails three quarters of the way through saying no internet connection. The patch file downloaded is CyberLink.v3809_OEM_DKA_U_DVD120206-03.exe. It comes from this page - http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/aacs/result.jsp?SR=DVD110127-04&ProductNo=DVD00036&AutoBuildID=00020418

I hope you can help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2012 07:56

guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Flyer, You might want to try PowerDVD 12. This worked pretty well on it.
flying205nutter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Flyer, You might want to try PowerDVD 12. This worked pretty well on it.

Thanks but its only a demo so you have to system restore after every use otherwise it will expire.

I don't feel I should buy 12 as I have already bought 10 with my new laptop.
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to get in contact with our technical support team

br

Werde Facebook Fan
josh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2012 12:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
powerdvd 10 could not complete the update because there is a problem with the internet connection. Check you internet connection and then try again......

Check you internet connection.

Check "you" internet connection.

Crappy software ruined my date night. Im taking this laptop back to Costco and telling them why it sucks.
Hope you fix this problem before you lose them more sales.
RobinXp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2012 12:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hola.

Tengo una laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 con Cyberlink's PowerDVD 10.
Cuando intento actualizar la versión sale el siguiente mensaje:
"PowerDVD 10 could not complete update because there was no internet connection."

El ID de mi laptop es WB02549963
GunSlinger7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 03:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dont bother contacting Cyberlink. Their tech support people ask for proof of purchase and the upload for THAT doesn't work. Get ahold of your EOM and insist that they help you out. Just remember this in the event you have a choice of software to purchsase.
josh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2012 12:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just got vlc 2.0 to open blu ray! Anyone that doesnt want the run around should google it up.

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=96787

Some simple instructions, some not. Took me a few minutes to get it to work.

If the directory is: "c:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC" you need to download the 32bit dll.
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting workaround. It works but I prefer PowerDVD.