Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't seem to burn a dual layer disc in this software.
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I had a project that was mpeg2, 5 gig. When I tried to a disc (2D), message comes back saying imported files exceed available disc space. I wanted to make sure I actually had a dual layer drive and I do because when I'm not in PD and insert a dual layer disc, it tells me the capacity I have. When I went back to the company, they suggested that in Power Director I find the option called "close disc on the burner tag" and uncheck it. I can't find anything close to that in Power Director. Can anyone help me here. Does this program burn dual layer disc?

Thanks for any input

Barb Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I had a project that was mpeg2, 5 gig. When I tried to a disc (2D), message comes back saying imported files exceed available disc space. I wanted to make sure I actually had a dual layer drive and I do because when I'm not in PD and insert a dual layer disc, it tells me the capacity I have. When I went back to the company, they suggested that in Power Director I find the option called "close disc on the burner tag" and uncheck it. I can't find anything close to that in Power Director. Can anyone help me here. Does this program burn dual layer disc?

Thanks for any input

Barb

It does burn a double layer DVD.

Select 2D.

In the Create Disk Module, click the Disk preferences tab, the 8.5 GB choice is on the DVD drop down.
Disk Preferences tab is on the left side of the Create Disk module.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2012 18:43

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I looked and looked and couldn't find anything so I'll check it out in the morning :
Barb Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Double layer DVD disk setting is here:

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Carl is correct.. I burn D/L discs all the time..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link