Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/Video Sync "Drift"
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I raised this issue many months ago, but have yet to see it addressed, at least not in any bug fix point releases. I saw another posting just the other day with similar issues, and wondered where Cyberlink was on the problem.

To refresh: I do a lot of live music vids, and use audio mixing board audio to replace the video on the various clips from cameras. I run 2-3 cameras simultaneously, then put the clips on multiple PD tracks, and transition from clip to clip, with the constant music audio track subtending the whole thing. We'll do "synch" mark (rim shot on the snare) to synch all clips. The original problem was that if I synched (using the audio on each track) on a rim shot, the video was not actually synched. In a long video clip (say 20-30 min), it was the original video clip that was not even synched with itself, at least in editing mode: it played fine. I eventually had to manually synch the audio to each clip, watching the drummer raise his hand and inch along until audio synched with video, then split it there.

They may not be a crystal clear explanation. The thing is, for a while, I just assumed it was the editing process that had the synch problem. Now, however, I find that PD drifts the synch in a sufficiently long produced video. I made a video of a whole one hour set from a gig, board audio overdubbing video audio, single camera. I synched up the beginning using my manual method, and it starts off fine. But in the rendered video, by the time I get to the last song, the synch is awful, japanes B movie awful.

Is Cyberlink ever gonna fix this problem? Or is it just too hard? And if so, why? I don't see why there should be any drift in two digital sources. Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com