Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 10 does not recognize my browser.
jmoorejr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 17:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
"You are trying to use a feature that requires a web browser....." error message.

I am using Windows 7, and Internet Explorer 9 -- all updated. This has apparently been a problem with previous versions of this software.

All my other programs have no problem recognizing the browser -- only this one. How does one purchase this software when it can communicate?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Is this a trial version ? Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I have the same issue with a licensed version of PD10 Ultra (running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit) not recognizing IE9. IE9 works with all other software that require using IE9 for Internet access (including PD9 Ultra 64). Cyberlink support recomended uninstalling IE9 and installing IE7 or IE8. Hard to imagine that is the solution. I asked if they plan to address the PD10 / IE9 problem in a future fix. Will let you know what they say.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Will it work Mozila firefox ? PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using IE9 successfully with PD9 and PD10 on three different computers over the last year and a half, or since it came out.

Is it possible that your anti-virus/firewall solution is not permitting PDR10.EXE access to the Internet? That issue has been reported before. With Windows7, both 32-bit and 64-bit, IE9 has worked just fine on my computers using BitDefender as the security solution. I can't remember if I had to specifically create a firewall rule for PD10, but I don't recall doing so.

Hope this helps and let us know how you make out. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Phil - thank you for the info. I use Norton Internet Security 2012 and have not experienced any problems between NIS2012 and IE9. I checked my settings and do not see any rules that should be preventing PD10 and IE9 from accessing the Internet. I do notice that PD10 is able to access DirectorZone when I click on that option in PD10. But the error message appears when I click on "Online Support Web Site" or "Cyberlink Web Site" in PD10. Interesting... I'll look it into in more depth, but it is good to know that PD10 and IE9 work on your systems - so there is hope.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
I double-checked. I can get to both Cyberlink websites from within PD10 Ultra, Build 1424c. No problems with IE9, so something is blocking your version of PD10 from getting out, or something is configured incorrectly, or possibly there was a file corrupted during installation ... .

Let us know how you make out. Sorry that I can't be of more help. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor