Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD Depends on WMP
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I have just recently learned that Power DVD12 depends on WMP to be present on the hard drive.

Is this necessary just for DVD12 or does this apply to all versions of Power DVD eg. DVD8 and DVD10 ?

Cyberlink Michael, is this true, this may explain why I never could get any of Cyberlinks DVD products to work.

There was always some sort of jerky playback problem, I almost got it to the point where it would work, but I never was able to cure it.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I've answered my own question, it's not just power DVD, it's any Blu-ray playing software and probably any media.

If I disable WMP, Windows does not see the disc and neither does the Blu-ray player.

Even with out any Blu-ray playing software installed the title of the movie will show up in Windows in "Computer", but with WMP disabled there is no title.