Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning to ntsc format
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Jul 16, 2011 02:53 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys
I have already created and burned files onto dvd (DL 8.5GB X2 DISCS) with good results and the format is PAL but I have been asked if I can make the dvd for NTSC format I have got all the relevent files and projects my question is are there any concerns I need to take on board and what are the procedure for burning dvd in NTSC format.

Regards Mervyn
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi guys
I have already created and burned files onto dvd (DL 8.5GB X2 DISCS) with good results and the format is PAL but I have been asked if I can make the dvd for NTSC format I have got all the relevent files and projects my question is are there any concerns I need to take on board and what are the procedure for burning dvd in NTSC format.

Regards Mervyn

In Preferences (ALT+C) on the General Section, Left pane, change your TV format to NTSC, then Create disk Module and burn the disk again.

I am assuming that your files are still on the timeline, PD will have to convert the PAL videos to NTSC, but will do that on the fly.

This time the disk will be created in NTSC format.

Don't forget to change your TV Format back to PAL after burning your friends DVD.

Be aware that most cheap DVD Players will not play a foreign format DVD. Some will show out of region error, some players show a Bad Disk. There are good DVD players that will play both formats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2012 22:48

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.